Data Error on driver settings menu

Adams97Mark

LVC Member
Reaction score
I get a "data error" message on my messenger display when I try to change my easy entry, puddle lamp, ect ect from on to off in settings menu. I suspect my door switches as the issue because when I enter vehicle from drivers side the interior lights doesn't come on and if I enter from passenger side the light stays on indefinitely or till it times out. My radio does not turn off after exiting vehicle also and I have had issues with battery draining dead so I turned the radio off at knob and will see if this prevents battery going dead. If anybody has an Idea other than my door switches being bad please clue me in and also I did replace my ignition switch last year with motorcraft part so I don't see that as the problem.

Did you ever get an answer for this? Running in to a similar problem with my 98 mk viii. Thanks!

Check your fuse at the panel on the side of the dash, driver door. When mine did this it was a 10 amp fuse at the top left corner of the panel. Can you adjust your side mirrors?
Turning off the radio will save a bit of power, but the system is not recognizing the driver door opening, thus it is keeping the ACC on for the 20 min. timeout.

Check your fuse at the panel on the side of the dash, driver door. When mine did this it was a 10 amp fuse at the top left corner of the panel. Can you adjust your side mirrors?
Turning off the radio will save a bit of power, but the system is not recognizing the driver door opening, thus it is keeping the ACC on for the 20 min. timeout.

Hi 91 LSC SE,

I changed out the number 41 (top left) 10a fuse in the interior fuse box on the driver's side. Problem solved! Keyless entry, interior door locks on both sides, side mirrors, trunk button, door and courtesy lights, steering wheel adjuster all work correctly now. The radio shuts off once the door is opened now as well.

Thank you for your help and thank you for replying to a post that was almost 4 years old.

Great community here!

Members online

Back