Working reverse and drive now?

Gerald Moore

LVC Member
Reaction score
So now the reverse and drive is working again. I was driving around the block, the car in sst 3rd and the transmission shifted hard check transmission came on no codes. Got in the driveway and d4,d5 and reverse works but wont shift in second gear. Should I just get rid of the car. It has 216,000 miles on the body. The motor and transmission replaced at 180,000

I know I have to go to my buddies shop and get them. So what will cause the reverse and drive to work again?

An intermittent problem or marginal fluid level.

Reverse went back out. 3rd slips and codes p0020 and p0010. I just replaced them. This car going to the junkyard.

Reverse went back out. 3rd slips and codes p0020 and p0010. I just replaced them. This car going to the junkyard.

Replaced what? The VCT actuators? Those codes don't say that the actuators are bad. They say that there is a problem with the actuator circuits. That problem could be the actuators, the wiring, connectors, or the PCM. Those codes just point you to where to start doing some tests. In this case, the tests are pretty simple and require a only a multimeter.

If you are just going to throw parts at it without doing any real diagnosis, then yes you should just dump it. Throwing parts gets very expensive on the LS.

Members online

Back