Cobra Intake Swap Throttle Bracket Issue

PiccininMk8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I know there's been countless threads but I don't think any of them go into specific details. I can't find a 96-98 cobra throttle bracket for my cobra intake bolted on my 98 lsc. The mark viii bracket would probably have to be heavily modified for it to work. I really don't need cruise control and I'm wondering if I cut or detach the cruise cable at the servo to make it reach could I at least use the spring assembly as the throttle return spring without the cruise function?

Also some people mention to get the lokar throttle cable setup but that would still need either the cruise control or some type of return spring which probably wouldn't be an issue if I had the bracket. From what I can tell the stock throttle cable is more than long enough (perhaps too long) so I'm hoping I can use it. I just have really no idea what to do... (as I am currently searching for a bracket). I'm not the best diyer and not having the throttle cable bracket + the control control not reaching is really stopping me from completing the swap.... I figured it would be simple to at least get it working without cruise control but this does not seem to be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not even sure if the throttle cable is an issue. Some people say the stock one can be used others say they used lokar/cobra cable. I'm considering calling junk yards across the the US and hoping someone will ship me a bracket to Canada.... Maybe I should buy the cobra throttle cable with it is as well. I'm kind of regretting doing this swap as now it's way harder than I thought it would be. Still also having an issue with the upper intake pressing against the fuel rail and one of the injectors is leaking (people also said stock fuel rail can be used but this is very tough to make work even without the egr).

Last edited:
I actually managed to find a cobra throttle bracket with return spring but will have to wait for it to be shipped... If someone knows whether or not I'll be able to use my stock throttle cable with this that'd be great. I suppose I'll find out in time and could always grab a Lokar but I'm really hoping the stock cable will work. Now while I'm waiting i'll look into this fuel rail clearance issue.

Edit: Stock fuel rail are good just had to remove the egr delete plate for more clearance and use it as a vaccum port. Now I just need to know whether I should buy a 96-98 cobra throttle cable, universal lokar throttle cable, or just try the stock cable. I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether or not the cobra and or stock cable works... I've heard the cobra cable is barely long enough.

Last edited:

Members online

Back