Question about EGR Delete

PiccininMk8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 98 LSC and am currently doing the cobra manifold swap. I've already got an egr delete plate on the cobra manifold but I'm wondering what to do about the egr equipment itself. From what I can tell accessing the tube on the exhaust manifold will be a PITA not sure how to gain access... I was hoping access would be easy and I could cap the exhaust manifold or have my exhaust guy weld it but it really seems hidden back there. If I leave the egr tube like this it not only looks ugly but I'm assuming it's going to vent hot exhaust fumes into my engine bay... I'm not sure what to do if anyone has some suggestions that'd be great. Thanks!

IMG_1968.jpg

Last edited:
You must cap it.
The best to to do it at the manifold, but if you are lazy then do a cap plate at the EGR.

You must cap it.
The best to to do it at the manifold, but if you are lazy then do a cap plate at the EGR.

Thanks I'm thinking if I take off the driverside wheel well cover it may be fairly easy to access. I was just hoping that maybe the egr wouldn't vent fumes into the engine bay when there's no vacuum line attached.

If I have to I'll probably just block off the egr valve with a plate as well. Call me lazy but it's been hot as hell and I've been having a hell of a time getting the fuel rail back on... It was a PITA on my dodge 4.7 too so I'm not surprised. I started this on Thursday and I need to drive my car again soon so removing the egr equipment isn't really a priority.

Members online

No members online now.
Back