Taillight lens compatibility?

Vee8Guy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need a right rear taillight lens for my 2004 LS Sport. The parts diagrams say it's different from the base model, but I see ones for sale being differentiated by either upper or lower clear lens. The ones I see for sale on Ebay for base models look the same as mine (upper clear lens). Does anyone know if these will fit? The parts diagrams show 6W4Z-13404-BB for the base model and 4W4Z-13404-BA for the Sport model (discontinued of course).

IIRC, the only two taillight types for the Gen 2's were the two-tone red/clear & the LSE all red versions. Probably easiest to go by the actual pictures of the items instead of the numbers alone. Don't forget also, Ford likely reissued some of the parts with new numbers due to revisions & OEM supplier changes during its production run. Good ole' Ford...

IIRC, the only two taillight types for the Gen 2's were the two-tone red/clear & the LSE all red versions. Probably easiest to go by the actual pictures of the items instead of the numbers alone. Don't forget also, Ford likely reissued some of the parts with new numbers due to revisions & OEM supplier changes during its production run. Good ole' Ford...
The lenses I see for sale look exactly like mine, but I was concerned there might be a difference in the way it mounts or fits to the body.

The lenses I see for sale look exactly like mine, but I was concerned there might be a difference in the way it mounts or fits to the body.

No, all gen II mount the same way to the same fender.

Does it specifically say Sport model or does it just say Special package? I believe shocks were listed as with/without special suspension, with sports being special. The 04-05 LSE had all-red tail lights instead of two-tones. (side note: all gen 1s had all-reds from the factory)

No, all gen II mount the same way to the same fender.

All outer lights mount the same way, with the difference being gen 1 has an extra 168 light in the harness. I think the 4-pin chassis side of the harness is also the same so the harnesses can be swapped. I currently have gen 2 two tone outers on my gen 1

Gen 1 LSE was two-tone...;)
No, they weren't. Try to find them. They'd be worth a few hundred each if you somehow found sets

All gen 1s shipped out with all-red tail lights. There was a run of export lights that were 2 tone, but since the LS was never truly exported, they're not factory (but still OEM). There's an export outer and two different versions of export inners - Euro with reverse lights and Japanese without. The dealer supply ran out a long time ago. There's a number of threads around here about them

Know what, you're right. I think there was somebody who used to be on here BITD that had a Gen 1 LSE with the euro-spec tails

Quik did, Manoli and Jason have them. Not sure if anyone else. And myself :cool: Well, inners only

n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MjA5MDAzNDc3ODQ3Mjc1OTU0OQ%3D%3D.jpg

Members online

Back