How far can this car go?

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm at 212K miles on my 01V6 and still running strong. Replaced tranny at 75k, original engine.

For as long as you're willing to put money into it... or the body holds out.

There's a member on here somewhere... that said he had 300k on theirs. Don't know if that was Km's or miles. Next closest is 260k miles iirc.

Don't remember which engine either had.

I am on 308000miles, 01 V6 sport auto.

Trannies are the weak point, i am on my 4th (?) one, but again i just switch another used one in there when they go bad, knock on wood this last one has been the best one yet, better than the original one.

Engine is untouched other than tune ups, some seals and gaskets, diff original, steering and suspension is new up front OEM, rear only the tie rods are new, new hub bearings, PS pump new oem, few high pressure lines are new, original fuel pump, couple of window regulators. 5th or 6th degas bottles, 3rd radiator I think and some other things.

Runs fantastic.

I am at 245,000 with 2003 v8. Had the tranny rebuilt at 240,000. Runs like new. Strong. Reliable. No issues.

04BBF3F6-B0F4-48B7-829A-1768A1035D7D.jpeg

Sitting at 315K on my 00 V6 manual, still loving the ride, quiet and performance. It still corners faster than my 07 wrx with sway bar upgrades. I just get worried in the summer heat about losing the hydraulic cooling fan solenoid and cooking in traffic, so I am avoiding its use when it gets into the 90s F outside.

I am on 308000miles, 01 V6 sport auto.

Trannies are the weak point, i am on my 4th (?) one, but again i just switch another used one in there when they go bad, knock on wood this last one has been the best one yet, better than the original one.

Engine is untouched other than tune ups, some seals and gaskets, diff original, steering and suspension is new up front OEM, rear only the tie rods are new, new hub bearings, PS pump new oem, few high pressure lines are new, original fuel pump, couple of window regulators. 5th or 6th degas bottles, 3rd radiator I think and some other things.

Runs fantastic.

Do you do the tranny swap work yourself?

Sitting at 315K on my 00 V6 manual, still loving the ride, quiet and performance. It still corners faster than my 07 wrx with sway bar upgrades. I just get worried in the summer heat about losing the hydraulic cooling fan solenoid and cooking in traffic, so I am avoiding its use when it gets into the 90s F outside.

Nice!

Oh yea you gotta change the solenoid, mine went bad right after someone rearended me, Temps were find if the car was moving, but when in traffice with 90 plus weather the temps would crip up. Takes about 15 min to replace it on a V6, mine had a leak anyway, no problems since then. Definitely change it.

Nice!

Oh yea you gotta change the solenoid, mine went bad right after someone rearended me, Temps were find if the car was moving, but when in traffice with 90 plus weather the temps would crip up. Takes about 15 min to replace it on a V6, mine had a leak anyway, no problems since then. Definitely change it.

Oh I just changed it 2 years ago in July, it went bad on about the hottest day of the summer, and my first one also went bad on about the hottest day that summer (2010). So the first one lasted 10 years, then the second one died in 7 years, so now I don't trust them and I just avoid driving it on the really hot days, since my other car uses electric fans. It is working now, I just know that if it dies on the road, it's way too stressful to try any workarounds between that time and arriving back at home. So I leave it parked when its in the 90s.

As far as the hydra cooling fan, i replaced 4 pumps and 1 motor, then i found the secret,,,,every spring i now use a pump to withdraw all the fluid from the pump reservoir, and install new mercon V. never a problem since.

Members online

No members online now.
Back