question re parts car

erictw

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a parts car, very cheap, no keys/title. Question, after I pull the pieces I want is there a fair market for parts that cannot be confirmed as good/bad? Once everything worth taking is taken, how hard is it to get rid of the carcass with no title? Last time this came up I cut the car into pieces, but it was a much smaller easier to cut up car, lol. Car looks like it has been through a lot, lol.

Just curious, what does a parts car go for $$$?

I've been offered only a few hundred dollars for mine from a recycler. I haven't done a whole lot of parts replacing, but it is an original 62K mileage car.

Just curious, what does a parts car go for $$$?

I've been offered only a few hundred dollars for mine from a recycler. I haven't done a whole lot of parts replacing, but it is an original 62K mileage car.
I have offered 200, she has agreed, but money has not yet changed hands- sorry it's not better news

$200 should be fairly easy to make back in the Facebook groups, but I have no idea if there's any issues unloading a car without a title. Unfortunately the biggest issues with the groups is you'll get a dozen replies each time with parts requests, but a lot of them will probably lose interest anywhere in the process. Even the sellers do it... "sorry, junked it" they'll say a month later

Fortunately, I'm the original owner, so, I still have the original title. (That was the first question the recycler asked me.)

I have a chance to buy a parts car, very cheap, no keys/title. Question, after I pull the pieces I want is there a fair market for parts that cannot be confirmed as good/bad? Once everything worth taking is taken, how hard is it to get rid of the carcass with no title? Last time this came up I cut the car into pieces, but it was a much smaller easier to cut up car, lol. Car looks like it has been through a lot, lol.

What will you be taking off car, what will be left that's "desirable" (e.g. good drivetrain, good interior). What year is it? Are you in ST Charles MO? I grew up there and have family there. Just wondering what you'll have left that I may need kind of thing. If all that will be left is old plastic bits that may or may not be good still, you'll be in for a chore to get back any money and will still be in a fix with a shell that a yard won't take without a title.

Do you know and trust the seller?

Did you burn your hand when touched the car?

Do you have a law enforcement friend that could run the VIN for you... to verify status? (or would you want them to?)

If the answer is "no" to the above questions... then this site is probably not the best place to be discussing this.

"Caveat Emptor" !!!!!!

What will you be taking off car, what will be left that's "desirable" (e.g. good drivetrain, good interior). What year is it? Are you in ST Charles MO? I grew up there and have family there. Just wondering what you'll have left that I may need kind of thing. If all that will be left is old plastic bits that may or may not be good still, you'll be in for a chore to get back any money and will still be in a fix with a shell that a yard won't take without a title.
no, st chas Il. I decided to pass on it, most of what I need has to be new anyway. There's no point in swapping out bad for bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back