How do I get off the ground?

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted about my 96 mark 8 way back in March and a good answer came on how to get the frame off the ground by putting a thick board in front of the right front tire and drive it up providing it will get traction to push the car. The other way is to get under the ricker pannel just behind the front wheel and raise up the floor jack. Can a no rust rocker panel withstand the lifting ? There is no room to get under the frame.

What the heck and where is the pinch wield? On rocker. please no one shot sound bite answers Thanks wheres the pinch wield located on the rockers? I. PINCH WIELD IS STRONG , WHATS PART IN THE LENGTH OF IT IS PINCH?

Why don't you look in the owners manual for the lifting points for your car?

It's very easy to find IF you look?
?temp_hash=533a8ab09e452486ec7a0c992cb77e74.jpg

Attachments

• Lifting Points.JPG
    Lifting Points.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 137
Why don't you look in the owners manual for the lifting points for your car?

It's very easy to find IF you look?
View attachment 828572338

THE FRAME IS RESTING ON THE GROUND> REading the owner manual 1000 times can't help this problem I asked if anyone though lifting by the rocker would be strong enough to raise up the car without rocker damage.

Can you get a hold of a lifting bladder?
Just tuck it under the car and inflate it until the frame is high enough off the ground for you to slip a jack under it.

Have you thought of replacing the pump or air dryer to pump up the current air bags to at least get the frame off the ground to where you can use a jack?

Then complete the bag / solenoid / air line replacements? I have read on here some members have installed a schrader valve and used a small compressor to add air to the bags, so if you have a compressor you go that route to.

Members online

Back