booster advance track connections

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
im trying to separate the connections to the master and brake booster but having difficulty... do they separate or just look like they do they look to have latches but are thin and wont budge

I got a brake booster with master assembly at the yard but I cut the harnesses rather than try to separate them duh but im not afraid to crimp a clean connector

my brakes went out unexpectadely they pedal was mushy when I bought the car so ive driven it gingerly till diagnosed ive bled the system a couple times but it was in vain as the peddle after a short time gets mushy the last time I took it out the car ran good to the store but when starting it up for the second time without a warning light my pedal was stiff as a board and had no brakes or warning lights ...like it could of been on the interstate :/

im imagining a diaphragm in the booster that has spilled its guts but I don't see anything yet as trying to just replace the unit with another and change out my bleeder valves the reservoir was empty save a drip when getting the vehicle home with a stiff pedal

got a master and booster out I did manage to get the ones off the master easy enough although dirty gritty they have a single tab that need depressing the booster advance track connector is a different wiz there is a two fold thing here on the original I managed to pull the female side connected to the booster out leaving just pins behind the unit I intend to replace im still working on its stuck bad on the pulled booster too im afraid ill bull out the booster socket again

Can you take a pic of the connection? Trying to visualize what you're talking about & pulling a blank right now

whew wee getting the old booster out ...full of oil im hoping it is also the culprit for getting my exhaust smokey probly not but now I just got to wire it up that is the master cylyindar connections and booster advance track anyone got a skematic

Members online

Back