Trunk Alignment

rgorke

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When installing my LSE tail lights, I noticed that the trunk lid seems to close uneven. You can see that there is a gap on the left side between the bumper and the lid that isn't on the right.

Is there a method to adjust how the lid closes? I am not sure which side is "correct"? I think the left side doesn't close enough because the tail lights don’t line up.

EA2B243E-096B-49F1-A074-DD42B8A1ED35.jpeg

Last edited:
From the pic it looks like passenger side is too low. There should be a smooth transition in the body line from the trunk to the rear quarter panel. Try adjusting the right bumper up.

From the pic it looks like passenger side is too low. There should be a smooth transition in the body line from the trunk to the rear quarter panel. Try adjusting the right bumper up.
Thanks...Right bumper up or right side of the trunk? How is that done?

My bad...

I meant the little bumper on the right side of the trunk lid. Adjust it down so it raises the passenger side of the trunk up.

Since the latch is in the middle... adjusting the passenger side will lower the drivers side.

You may have to play with both bumpers to get it even.

IMG_20190701_202901028.jpg

You may end up having to adjust the latch a little too... to get everything lined up. Then afterwards... I suggest hitting the trunk with a hose to make sure the gasket still seals.

Looking at your pic again... the passenger side of the trunk is noticably below flush with the rear quarter panel. So yes... adjust the bumper on the passenger side of the trunk, (out/down), till the trunk is flush.

Members online

No members online now.
Back