Air ride help needed

Flanaman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi there I have a 97 mark 8 which was slammed on the ground for about a year I just changed the compressor and dryer and now the compressor comes on for 2-3 seconds before shutting off and displaying the check air ride msg the compressor runs for a few seconds but will not fill the system and I'm now at a loss for what my next move should be

Thanks for your reply I will try this as soon as I get home today and I'll post a reply on how it worked out

Hi there I have a 97 mark 8 which was slammed on the ground for about a year I just changed the compressor and dryer and now the compressor comes on for 2-3 seconds before shutting off and displaying the check air ride msg the compressor runs for a few seconds but will not fill the system and I'm now at a loss for what my next move should be
Dear Fladman, I can give you doable help. Today I pick up 2 home made ramps made out of 3"x3". treated wood. The wood was 6 ft long , sawed in hallf. He drew a diagonal line from corner to corner of each 3 ft part. Then sawed then to form 2 ramps. Then bolted them together with 6 inch lag screws. Now its doublw wide. Place the finished ramps infront ot the front tires. Find something like chain kink frnce for traction ahead of your rear tire. on both rt and lft rear wheels for traction because its goig to sping wheels once you give it gas. Then go straight up car ramps while put in drive with everything pointed straight. Proceed to drive up the ramps which can lift the Mark of the damn ground. You need 2 set of double wide ramps , 6 inches wide Put 2 cement block 2 in front to the end of each ramps to stop car from going further

Thanks for the suggestion Bill but I've already have figured out how to lift the car in pretty much the same way I replaced the compressor and relay only to find out the relay was the only problem so now I have an extra compressor lol the compressor comes on for 2-3 seconds bit won't lift the car I've tried lifting the car a few inches first and to ride height but still the same result and have tried everything in between still the same result I'm not sure why the car won't lift other then there's some kind of fault in the system which without a tester I haven't been able to decipher so I'm not sure what to do know considering just buying the conversion kit and switching it over to springs unless I can get this figured but even if I do it will only be a matter of time before I have to replace all of the bags and air struts which alone are as much or more then the whole conversion kit I am not sure what else I can do to get the air suspension to fill at the moment

... which without a tester I haven't been able to decipher so I'm not sure what to do ...

The windows version of Forscan (free) and an $18 OBDII adapter should get you the diagnostics that you need. I'd want to keep the air ride.

Thanks for the suggestion Bill but I've already have figured out how to lift the car in pretty much the same way I replaced the compressor and relay only to find out the relay was the only problem so now I have an extra compressor lol the compressor comes on for 2-3 seconds bit won't lift the car I've tried lifting the car a few inches first and to ride height but still the same result and have tried everything in between still the same result I'm not sure why the car won't lift other then there's some kind of fault in the system which without a tester I haven't been able to decipher so I'm not sure what to do know considering just buying the conversion kit and switching it over to springs unless I can get this figured but even if I do it will only be a matter of time before I have to replace all of the bags and air struts which alone are as much or more then the whole conversion kit I am not sure what else I can do to get the air suspension to fill at the moment
I have a rotunda air ride scanner

Members online

No members online now.
Back