2005 Lincoln LS V8 Build

DemonicSushi

LVC Member
Reaction score
Starting this thread to post my build on my gen2 LS. Haven't done much other than starting to replace most of all parts in the suspension front and rear, the braking system, driving mechanics, and today going to change intake gaskets upper and lower. Will add better photos here in a bit.

I do have some questions, what do you think would make the steering loose and make it sway at any speed but worsens as the speed increases and not a constant thing but happens very very often?
Do y'all have any places to really buy some performance and quality parts for the gen2 ls?
Is everything on the Thunderbirds able to be put on the LS?
Any recommendations for anything at all, intake? Chip? Exhaust? Control Arms? Anything

Completed:
I've changed inner and outer tie rods, valve cover gaskets, of course the radiator hoses and thermostat w/housing.

To Come:
After I finish these gaskets;n rack and pinion; coils; d2 coilovers front and rear; powerstop rotors, calipers, pads; front wheel hub assembly; upper control arms; lower control arms; sway bar bushings front and rear; stabilizer bar links; harmonic balancer; fuel pump with fuel filter.

Work History:
Oil Change @192000 on March 29, 2019 (will always be done with 5w-20 Rotella Synthetic w/Lucas Oil Full Synthetic Stabilizer every about 4000 miles later)

Front inner and outer tie rods MOG performance series @195963 regrease-able w/front suspension alignment

Oil Change w/regrease @196300 on June 2, 2019
New filter ecoguard full synthetic 10,000 mile filter (will replace every other oil change with same filter)
20190405_142511.jpg
20190405_142511.jpg
20190405_142524.jpg

Welcome - you seem to be on the right track for the most part.

-Steering could be R&P (since you already did tie rods) or rear tie rods, these fail a lot and cause swaying and sketchy handling response.
- Not everything from the Tbrids will work, but a good amount will. Generally, lower mileage examples exist from Tbird partouts, so this is a good place to start for used parts. YOur other family memeber car is the Jaguar S-Type (2000-2002). A lot of Jag part suppliers will still offer parts that Ford may not.
- I dont know much about the D2's, Stance was the first to make Coilovers, alternatively you can run Jaguar Stype Sport shocks with some other jag parts. Plenty of threads on this. MY Stance set rides really nice honestly, and I have them set to medium dampening settings for the street.
- Check out SCT or email torrie @ UnleashedTuning if you want to get a little more power out of the LS. For about $400 you can get a solid out-of-the box 93 oct tune that will get you about 10-15hp and more tq.
- Some of the Jag outfits, SPC, and Powerflex all make after market replacements for the bushings in the control arms that fail. As opposed to buying the whole unit as an assembled piece.
- Sway Bar bushings is a long job, so leave time for it.

Welcome to LVC.

There are many bright individuals like DeviLSh, as you can see, who know this model inside and out and probably build it even better. I may own a Continental, but I've learned so much about the LS and what can/could be done.

Subbed to your thread. Looking forward to your re-building and maintenance thread.

Welcome - you seem to be on the right track for the most part.

-Steering could be R&P (since you already did tie rods) or rear tie rods, these fail a lot and cause swaying and sketchy handling response.
- Not everything from the Tbrids will work, but a good amount will. Generally, lower mileage examples exist from Tbird partouts, so this is a good place to start for used parts. YOur other family memeber car is the Jaguar S-Type (2000-2002). A lot of Jag part suppliers will still offer parts that Ford may not.
- I dont know much about the D2's, Stance was the first to make Coilovers, alternatively you can run Jaguar Stype Sport shocks with some other jag parts. Plenty of threads on this. MY Stance set rides really nice honestly, and I have them set to medium dampening settings for the street.
- Check out SCT or email torrie @ UnleashedTuning if you want to get a little more power out of the LS. For about $400 you can get a solid out-of-the box 93 oct tune that will get you about 10-15hp and more tq.
- Some of the Jag outfits, SPC, and Powerflex all make after market replacements for the bushings in the control arms that fail. As opposed to buying the whole unit as an assembled piece.
- Sway Bar bushings is a long job, so leave time for it.

Thank you very much!

Welcome to LVC.

There are many bright individuals like DeviLSh, as you can see, who know this model inside and out and probably build it even better. I may own a Continental, but I've learned so much about the LS and what can/could be done.

Subbed to your thread. Looking forward to your re-building and maintenance thread.

I will continue to post regularly, this forum as became bigger than anything else on my phone

LS put itself into etc failsafe mode did some research hopefully its the coils ordered some cheap ones to jist do the job waiting to get motorcraft due to bills were due and I'll have more money to play with later.

Should I replace the spark plugs as well bought some to go with the coils but didn't know if it was required or smart to do?

The cheap coils may put it into failsafe as well. As a bonus, they could also damage the PCM. It happens. Yes, you really should replace the spark plugs at exactly the same time. Bad coils damage plugs, damaged plugs kill coils, repeat.

Cheap coils = bad plan, IMHO.

The cheap coils may put it into failsafe as well. As a bonus, they could also damage the PCM. It happens. Yes, you really should replace the spark plugs at exactly the same time. Bad coils damage plugs, damaged plugs kill coils, repeat.

Cheap coils = bad plan, IMHO.
How could it damage the pcm and put it into failsafe mode?

Also I drive it today to take my gf to work and it didn't put itself into failsafe mode, any thoughts to why?

How could it damage the pcm and put it into failsafe mode?

The PCM can be damaged by ESD/voltage-spikes generated by bad or marginal coils. It damages FETs in the PCM.
ETC failsafe can be (and usually is) caused by EMI noise generated by bad/marginal coils. If they are very noisy, it will happen very frequently. If less nosy, it will be only every now and then and can depend on how hard you are pushing the engine.

The PCM can be damaged by ESD/voltage-spikes generated by bad or marginal coils. It damages FETs in the PCM.
ETC failsafe can be (and usually is) caused by EMI noise generated by bad/marginal coils. If they are very noisy, it will happen very frequently. If less nosy, it will be only every now and then and can depend on how hard you are pushing the engine.
I don't drive crazy, I drive like I'm in a contest to get better gas mileage. I have drifted here and there but its not a every week kind of thing.

Thank you for the help appreciate it for real. Ima Ima these coils and hopefully it'll help till I have time to buy motorcraft

Put on my new Spark Plugs and Coils yesterday MPG went from 16.5 to 25 and its a v8. Didn't get motorcraft so gonna see how long that lasts

Snapchat-1521869192.jpg

Snapchat-932980958.jpg

Snapchat-1886960923.jpg

Snapchat-1493349729.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back