Rear-ended

Or they could be like the woman that rear ended my wife a few years back. My wife got rear ended at a stop light and the woman asked my wife why did you back into me..... Also gotta love how the person that hit my wife did not even get a ticket.o_O

I actually did have someone at a red light back into me once. Apparently, he changed his mind about what lane he wanted to be in.

Well...
After 30 days, they would no longer cover a rental, so I have been driving my car, even though it is unfinished. It is still missing the lower middle valance on the bumper, the left tail pipe is a little low (the hanger is all bent up), and the rear park assist isn't working.

As of this week, they do have a radar module for the park assist, and they expect to get the valance tomorrow or early next week. I hope that it will be finished next week.

It's still a little sticky, but much better. Right after the accident, I had to press the release, beat on it, press the release again, and pry it open. Shutting it took considerable effort too. Now it opens an inch or so after pressing the release, then requires a little help for the next few inches.

Bet that isn't cheap. :eek:

Somewhere over $2K at this point, I think. Started at over $1,700. I know for sure there was the bumper cover and center and left valance, some brackets, the one-time crash foam, and paint.

Glad your OK. Just saw your thread now. Too many idiots driving today its unreal.

Very nice to see the car is coming together well. I know there have been some minor problems and set backs but looks to be in the clear.

Glad your OK. Just saw your thread now. Too many idiots driving today its unreal.

Very nice to see the car is coming together well. I know there have been some minor problems and set backs but looks to be in the clear.

Yeah, I really can't complain. It could have been so much worse.
A few days later, I was on the same road at the same time, but going the other way. I was again stopped in traffic. I heard tire squealing sounds behind me. As I am looking for it, I hear an impact. Still looking, I see a street light pole start to fall in slow motion. It fell across three cars in front of me. (8 lane road at that point)

:eek: Good grief!!! I think I'd find another, (safer), route. What's up with people down there? :confused:

Glad to hear the car is getting back in shape. Sounds to me like the valance damage was the cause of the trunk issue. Hopefully they get it "tweaked" back into shape.

:eek: Good grief!!! I think I'd find another, (safer), route. What's up with people down there? :confused:

Amazing how many people text and drive. I drive a curbside truck for work, and being up high I can see into peoples SUVs/Cars, I am truly shocked how many people are texting on their phones on the Gardener Expressway (Toronto). If you know Toronto, then you know how many idiots are on the 410, 401, and Gardiner.

Yeah, I really can't complain. It could have been so much worse.
A few days later, I was on the same road at the same time, but going the other way. I was again stopped in traffic. I heard tire squealing sounds behind me. As I am looking for it, I hear an impact. Still looking, I see a street light pole start to fall in slow motion. It fell across three cars in front of me. (8 lane road at that point)

That's crazy about that pole! Jesus. Stay safe out there Joe.

Well, they finally got and put on the last part today.

Glad to hear all worked out well for you Joe.

Members online

Back