Which do I sell. is it worth it to fix up?

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice/ideas. I have 2 LSes which I used a bit for parts as I rebuilt my hot rod Lincoln. I really have no use for these anymore. Need to sell one. Try to recoup some money. Neither is a good car/buy currently. So here's brief description of each. Which would you sell?

* 2001 Dark Grey/graphite. 149,000. Overall cond fair-good. Body just a few small ding sorta issues. Interior OK but driver's seat pretty well torn up. Cheap aftermarket CD player/radio. Runs wonderfully. Best/smoothest V6 I've driven. Got great gas mileage on trip back/forth to Yosemite. 25+mpg. Has a few new suspension and other parts including front sway bar. Newish tires. 16" factory wheels. No power lumbar or seat position save feature. Engine leaks oil. No major issues except degas bottle broken.

* 2000 Silver/black. 200,000. Overall good-very good cond. Ext/int both VG - Exc. Couple paint problems on body fairly easily fixable. Paint in exc cond. Has aftermarket grille. 18 Inch OZ wheels. Needs tires. Currently not running. Auto trans problem. Going to try to fix but I dunno … This car looks great, attracts attention. Silver color is perfect for this car.

Dark graphite after repair degas could be worth $1000-1500. Minimum fixit work. ??
Silver car is beautiful and should be worth $1000 plus the Oz wheels are worth something. But must fix tranny. Lotta fix it work. Or sell as is with Oz wheels for $1000?

Idea - pull dark grey engine and tranny, repair oil leaks, install in silver car. This should make silver worth $2000 or more ?? Would be great looking and great running. Lotta work though for say $1000 gain.

So you actually have 3 LS's?

You don't say if the silver one is a v6 also.

With the information given...

Put rims and grill on grey LS... fix oil leak and degas. Swap black seats into grey LS... and replace cheapo radio out with factory unit from silver LS. Pull anything else useable from silver LS... and call the hook.

Reason...

Lower milage on grey LS. Would also have "custom" interior and rims and better radio, (if harness is direct plug). No farking around with pulling 2 engines and trannys. Seems a lot less labor intensive this way... and less down time.

Then you could use the grey LS as your DD... and save the hot rod for the weekends.

Some sh*tty pix

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

Silver one looks great. Is a V6 also, just swap the tranny out of the grey one into this one. Keep the silver one and sell the dark grey one for whatever u can get for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back