2001 Lincoln LS V8 Cannister - Fuel Vapour Store

Well if you go by the pic it's totally different. :eek:

Usually it's just a difference of part number supersession. Some small design change that requires a new part # to differentiate between the 2 similar parts.

When in doubt... call your local dealer and give them your VIN #. They should then give you the proper and most updated part #.

Some of the online sites can be a bit iffy on the part numbers.

I recently was shopping for a solenoid assembly for my '95 F150 4x4 E4OD. The parts manager at my local dealer gave me the proper #... and said that solenoid assembly was used in transmissions up to the early 2000's with the 4r100.

When I went to one of the online "giant" sites... it said that assembly wouldn't fit my truck... when the local parts manager gauranteed it would.

Point is ... don't always go by what the online source says. Verify it locally.

Well if you go by the pic it's totally different. :eek:

Usually it's just a difference of part number supersession. Some small design change that requires a new part # to differentiate between the 2 similar parts.

When in doubt... call your local dealer and give them your VIN #. They should then give you the proper and most updated part #.

Some of the online sites can be a bit iffy on the part numbers.

I recently was shopping for a solenoid assembly for my '95 F150 4x4 E4OD. The parts manager at my local dealer gave me the proper #... and said that solenoid assembly was used in transmissions up to the early 2000's with the 4r100.

When I went to one of the online "giant" sites... it said that assembly wouldn't fit my truck... when the local parts manager gauranteed it would.

Point is ... don't always go by what the online source says. Verify it locally.

Yeah I will call the dealership that is a good idea. But I think they are completely different. I think one is a single and one is a double cause that is what I see with the aftermarket versions of them 2 parts. I could be wrong but that is what I think.

Something else you could try...

Shop several sites after getting the right part # from your local dealer. Then call the dealer back and give them the price range you found online. They may not be able to price match... but they may give you a good discount.

Dealer price on my solenoid assembly was $400+ .After checking online... I saw prices from $285-310. Since I have built a good long term relationship with the parts manager... he gave me employee pricing at $325... because he knows I'd rather buy local.

Starting out ... you might not do as well... but the more they see your face, the more you might save. Besides... if there's a problem with the part... they can usually get another one in a day or so... and its just a short drive instead of return shipping and a week or 2 down time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back