Sad day, but maybe a silver lining.

kleetus

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So the day has come where I have to give up on my triple black LS Sport. It has 192k miles on her, and honestly hasn't ran in over a year. Computer went paws up, but the motor and transmission were fine up to that point. At 10k mile full synthetic oil changes, it would burn 1.5 qt in that period, 21 mpg to work 27-28 on the highway.

Question is, is she worth anything to anyone for parts, or just send off to the big dealership in the sky? I bought the car in 2009 with 22k on it, and loved the car the entire time. Only known issues is the one rear sub speaker surround is shot, and a small rust spot from the inside of the front doors out on both doors at the same place. I put 4 new calipers and rotors on at 180k, but they'll need DA'd as they are surface rusty from sitting, and both front seat heater coolers stopped working simultaneously.

Thoughts? What's she worth? To me, invaluable as I'd buy another one in cash today if they offered a 1 time time warp build, but to someone else?

i'd put the $170.00+ into it to keep her on the road!
Check out Carl Smith's 2000 Restoration for inspiration

How do you know it's the PCM if you haven't even located it to test the wiring to it?
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
Fair question, but based on the codes, and how it died, and my experience with electronics, I'm taking an educated guess. It honestly behaves like a cold solder joint.

So when we said it's under the hood on the passenger side, I assume in the cowl under the air conditioner somehow under or behind the cabin air filter?

So when we said it's under the hood on the passenger side, I assume in the cowl under the air conditioner somehow under or behind the cabin air filter?

According to the manual Joe posted, it looks like you have to get to it from the glovebox. I remember also having to do something under the hood, maybe as simple as just removing the connectors. It's been a few years so I don't remember much besides it being a very simple extraction.

According to the manual Joe posted, it looks like you have to get to it from the glovebox. I remember also having to do something under the hood, maybe as simple as just removing the connectors. It's been a few years so I don't remember much besides it being a very simple extraction.

That's right. You have to disconnect and unbolt from under the hood, but the PCM is under the dash.

Members online

No members online now.
Back