Rear-ended

joegr

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, this happened yesterday.
I was stopped behind a long line of non-moving traffic.
IMG_0943.JPG
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG

The trunk is very difficult to open and close, I am getting a constant parking brake warning (right cable is broken), and of course the rear park assist is upset.
Could have been a lot worse.

Yes. Most important is that you and anyone else that may have been with you in the car are OK. Make "the other guy" pay for fixing it. What looks cosmetically bad on the outside may also be be hiding other major damage underneath.

No one was hurt. I had no passengers, and her and her passenger were okay. Her insurance will be paying to fix it.

Glad everyone is ok. Her car is banged up pretty good. Weird how she hit mostly one corner, but the damage to her Hyundai is spread out on the front. Looks like the middle of her front is the part that hit your bumper.

Pretty hard hit. Did you see her coming and brace yourself or was it too sudden?

Yes, I heard the squeal of her tires and saw her coming in the rear view mirror.
I think that some of her front end damage was pre-existing.

Damn Joe, Thats sad to see a well maintained LS damaged like that. Glad you're OK. I really wish people would pay just a little more attention to what going on in front of the two ton missile they are operating.

I'm glad you're okay and I hope everything works out in your favor...looks like the back bumper cover is the only major damage, if I'm not mistaken you can still purchase these brand new...they come primed and you'll have to have the Body Shop paint it...make sure to get multiple quotes...

Forgot to mention I have an extra 1st Gen trunk latch assembly...not sure if you need it or if it’s compatible with the 2nd Gen but thought if you need it I can mail it to you no charge

Forgot to mention I have an extra 1st Gen trunk latch assembly...not sure if you need it or if it’s compatible with the 2nd Gen but thought if you need it I can mail it to you no charge

Thanks for the offer. I don't think it will come to that. Now waiting for the police report and her insurance adjuster.

Do we have signs on the back of our cars that say "hit me" or something??

I don't know, but I feel like mine must be invisible because of all the people that pull out right in front of me, and now this.

I'm glad you're okay and I hope everything works out in your favor...looks like the back bumper cover is the only major damage, if I'm not mistaken you can still purchase these brand new...they come primed and you'll have to have the Body Shop paint it...make sure to get multiple quotes...
I bought a new front bumper cover a few weeks ago for my '06 Sport, from Motorcraft through my dealer. It was about $450 and I was charged $350 to paint and install it (G3). The rear is probably cheaper, I hope for you. Perhaps the actual bumper, under the cover may be compromised as well.

I bought a new front bumper cover a few weeks ago for my '06 Sport, from Motorcraft through my dealer. It was about $450 and I was charged $350 to paint and install it (G3). The rear is probably cheaper, I hope for you. Perhaps the actual bumper, under the cover may be compromised as well.

The rear bumper cover is $455, not including shipping. The body shop thinks there is slight body damage behind the bumper, but they have not officially estimated it yet (waiting on insurance adjuster). It'll be interesting to see what they do about the radar module, since it is unavailable.

The rear bumper cover is $455, not including shipping. The body shop thinks there is slight body damage behind the bumper, but they have not officially estimated it yet (waiting on insurance adjuster). It'll be interesting to see what they do about the radar module, since it is unavailable.

If you order through the dealership, they shouldn't be charging you shipping , right ? (Of course, I grew up with Ronnie Lamarque). Mine came from Houston, I believe.

If you order through the dealership, they shouldn't be charging you shipping , right ? (Of course, I grew up with Ronnie Lamarque). Mine came from Houston, I believe.

Well, that's the discounted internet price. I don't know how much more the local dealership will want. In any event, it doesn't matter to me and is not directly my choice. I'm not the one paying.

What a bummer. Totaled for sure. Is there any LS out there worth more than $5K right now? I doubt it.

What a bummer. Totaled for sure. Is there any LS out there worth more than $5K right now? I doubt it.

There are people willing to pay even $10k for a low mileage LSE. I've seen it. Last year, one sold on kijiji for $9,000. Small dealership, they sold a 2006 with 52k kms (32k miles) on it.
Couple weeks later, another sells for $8000 with about 62000 kms (38k miles) different dealer in a different city.

I found on average, first gens with 150k miles go for around $2500 mark, and 2nd Gens fetch about a grand more.

Sorry about your problem.

I have a 2002 LSE with the aero pkge..........the front cover has round parking lights and the rear looks like yours.

Do you know where I can get both a front and rear bumper cover?????

There are people willing to pay even $10k for a low mileage LSE. I've seen it. Last year, one sold on kijiji for $9,000. Small dealership, they sold a 2006 with 52k kms (32k miles) on it.
Couple weeks later, another sells for $8000 with about 62000 kms (38k miles) different dealer in a different city.

I found on average, first gens with 150k miles go for around $2500 mark, and 2nd Gens fetch about a grand more.

I'd buy a LSE with mint front and rear bumper covers or just one. Let me know pls. I have a 2002 LSE and I can't find those covers anywhere

Sorry about your problem.

I have a 2002 LSE with the aero pkge..........the front cover has round parking lights and the rear looks like yours.

Do you know where I can get both a front and rear bumper cover?????
It's gonna be harder to find the LSE bumper covers if I am not mistaken.

Members online

No members online now.
Back