FORD / LINCOLN / MERCURY KEY FOB PROGRAMMING

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score

Just in case some needs to program a new Key Fob I gave some quick easy instructions how to reprogram a 2003-2006 Lincoln LS Key Fob these instructions are at www.DKPROGRAM.com also...I bought 2 Key Fobs brand new battery included for $10.99 on Amazon ...Just programed them this morning ...you have to have at least one original keys for your car in order to do this...here is a youtube link also with a guy showing how easy it is ... ...all my best

REMOTE PROGRAMMING

1. Get in your vehicle, close and unlock all doors using the power unlock switch on the drivers door. Insert the key into the ignition
  2. Switch the key as far to the ON position as it will go without starting, then back to OFF EIGHT (8) times within a 10 second period. Each cycle will count as ONE (1)
  3. On the EIGHTH (8th) key turn to the ON position, DO NOT turn the key OFF. At this point, the vehicle doors will automatically lock and unlock indicating the programming mode has been entered successfully.
  4. Within 7 ½ seconds, pick up the new remote then press and release the LOCK button. The vehicle doors will automatically lock and unlock indicating the new remote has been accepted.
  5. Repeat STEP 4 for all remaining remotes you wish to program (You can program up to 4 remotes total).
  6. After all remotes have been programmed, switch the key to the OFF position and remove from the ignition.
  7. Test all remotes to ensure they are functioning. If any did not program, restart the programming procedure from STEP 1 and switch the order in which you are programming the remotes.
Type your paragraph here.

Please make sure to have all remotes you want to work with the vehicle, new and old, with you at the time of programming as absent remotes will discontinue to function until reprogrammed.

You can also find this information located in your owners manual. Please read through the programming before attempting.

Gen 1 can't program fobs without a scan tool. Forscan, an OBDII adapter, and a Windows laptop made quick work of it for me. I was honestly surprised by the ease since I've seen a dealer struggle with another LS. Total time was only about 5 minutes from plug in to disconnect. I did use a wired adapter, didn't try with a Bluetooth one

something along the lines of connect to the car, connect to the PATS module specifically, run the connection, pick Fob programming? If I remember (and I usually don't), I'll look tonight to see the exact steps it takes. It's somewhat intuitive once you get used to Forscan's clunky interface

something along the lines of connect to the car, connect to the PATS module specifically, run the connection, pick Fob programming? If I remember (and I usually don't), I'll look tonight to see the exact steps it takes. It's somewhat intuitive once you get used to Forscan's clunky interface

Thank you Frank! You are such a library of great information.

Pretty sure it would be to the DDM, not the PATS. PATS - Key, DDM - Remote

You're right, it's not the PATS. I was thinking it was in a PATS section, but they're tied to the specific physical modules (keys - instrument cluster, remotes to ddm).

Connect to the car, go to "Service Procedures" (wrench icon) and you'll see DDM Keyless Entry. Click to highlight, press the pay button at the bottom. That will then show you all the remotes programmed. It just shows a hex code for each, so it's easiest to just erase them all and program one at a time. It will recognize duplicates

upload_2019-5-1_23-44-26.png

Perfect info will try tomorrow! 00 LS, 1 original key...just got 2 new fobs. Let's see how intuitive it is!

Members online

Back