2006 Lincoln LS V8 C2777 code?

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I searched the forum and found little to no info on this code and to make matters worse the car was a Gen 1 2002 LS ...Just wondering if I need to reprogram the ABS Module or Buy a new ABS Module and have the Dealership program it? C2777 - Sensor Cluster Bus Failure. I read somewhere that I might need to get the ABS module reflashed? Could I use Forscan to recalibrate this? I’m also wondering if this is effecting my speedometer? The Speedometer doesn’t work upon initial start up ...I shut the car off and turn it back on then it works fine? I also have a a left rear wheel speed sensor Code ...could it all be tied to faulty wheel speed sensor? Fingers crossed

Last edited:
The speedometer issue is more likely to be related to the rear wheel speed sensor issue than the yaw sensor issue.

Trouble shooting for the C777 code: 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
It looks like there is no need to guess at it.

The speedometer issue is more likely to be related to the rear wheel speed sensor issue than the yaw sensor issue.

Trouble shooting for the C777 code: 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
It looks like there is no need to guess at it.
Okay I disconnected the Left rear Wheel Speed Sensor yesterday after replacing the serpentine belt ( Boy not much room to work on that little guy ...FOR ANYONE READING THIS PLEASE NOTE: it works best to work from bottom and top when replacing serpentine belt ) I then cleaned up connector pins and used a dab of Dielectric grease ...AT code went away and ABS code was gone ...upon driving to store I saw the speedometer wasn't working still so I proceeded to pull over and turn off car and restart it so the Speedometer would work because that was the quick fix all last week ...upon starting car again and driving it a half mile or so ....the ABS and AT light was still gone and the speedometer wasn't working and I kept driving ....all of a sudden the AT and ABS both came on with the sounding of alarm which dinged once ....then the speedometer worked...I guess I will have to dive deeper..... so.... my question is.... Where is the sensor cluster and ABS module in this 2006 LS located? I need to check for a short but never dealt with the YAW sensor cluster wires and ABS module before ( Never had these problems with my 2 1st Gens THANK GOD lol ) any help with locating these connectors would be greatly appreciated

ABS module - front right under the hood, can't possibly miss it.
Yaw sensor, under the floor console.

Not sure if I tested the right connector ...but I disconnected the blue connector and the green connector and reconnected them three or four times ...started the car and my Speedometer is working and the ABS and AT lights are off ...still need to research this more on the 2006 workshop manual...I'm hoping it was as easy as a bad connection but I'm not going to hold my breath

I just took the Car out for a quick test drive once again to see if the ABS and AT lights would pop up....No lights ....the speedometer is working properly ...before I tested the car I researched the Shop Manual and it actually said disconnect ALL THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER CONNECTORS ...funny thing is ....I did this before I even read the Manual ...but really happy the manual said this was the proper procedure...
Pinpoint Test F: The Odometer Is Inoperative

Normal Operation
Vehicle odometer information is sent to the instrument cluster from the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module over the communication network. Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) U1123
F2 CHECK FOR CORRECT INSTRUMENT CLUSTER OPERATION
  • Disconnect all the instrument cluster connectors.
  • Check for:
    • corrosion
    • pushed-out pins
  • Connect all the instrument cluster connectors and make sure they seat correctly.
  • Operate the system and verify the concern is still present.
So Anywho I’ll update if the codes come back ...the Wheel speed sensor code is gone also...I’m hoping for the best

Okay I had the Advance trac light come back and tried to erase the code after replacing the Wheel Speed sensor and now it's flashing ... From what I hear the only way to fix this is ...revs liberating the steering wheel sensor ...is this correct ...or will replacing at Yaw sensor bd the way to go? The other question is if I purchase Forscan would I be able to re calibrate it myself? Or will this be a Dealership fix? Thanks

I'm pretty sure Forscan can calibrate.
Did you do all the pinpoint tests that I linked above? If so you shouldn't have to question what to replace or not to replace. Do the tests, don't throw parts at it.

I'm pretty sure Forscan can calibrate.
Did you do all the pinpoint tests that I linked above? If so you shouldn't have to question what to replace or not to replace. Do the tests, don't throw parts at it.
I'm going to do the test this weekend but I haven't taken the center council out yet... When I tried it seemed like it was going to break

Lift straight up and out the section with the cup holders
Remove the console lid hinge. Remove screws under hinge. Remove plastic pin inside storage area. Remove storage area. Remove bolts holding console to floor.
Remove trim around gear shift and ash tray. Remove bolts holding center console at dash.
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Lift straight up and out the section with the cup holders
Remove the console lid hinge. Remove screws under hinge. Remove plastic pin inside storage area. Remove storage area. Remove bolts holding console to floor.
Remove trim around gear shift and ash tray. Remove bolts holding center console at dash.
Okay I got the center console out and unplugged and reconnected the (AT connector) with no avail ...Will be attempting to test this connector tomorrow...I assume I can use my multi-meter??? After researching it seems that trying to clear the code ...this triggered the flashing on AT symbol?

Members online

No members online now.
Back