04 LS V8 slow revs

BigJack244

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an '04 LS V8 and when in park or neutral, the car revs very slowly to 3k rpm. I know this is normal but I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass the programming. I have a nice exhaust but I can't demonstrate it unless I floor it in drive. Any suggestions?

I have an '04 LS V8 and when in park or neutral, the car revs very slowly to 3k rpm. I know this is normal but I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass the programming. I have a nice exhaust but I can't demonstrate it unless I floor it in drive. Any suggestions?

Yessir!
Pick up an SCT Xcal 3 FORD from whatever place is cheapest (if its used, clarify with the seller its NOT LOCKED TO A VEHICLE). Then contact Torrie Tunes and request a set of files. I recommend Street tune and track tune for $150.

Find Torrie's contact info here:
Unleashed Tuning - Horsepower is easy, traction is the real problem!

Tuning your car with a street tune will give you more HP and better performance and fuel economy. The tuner machine (Xcal 3) will allow you to select settings to disable such features Ford programmed the car with, including neutral rev limiters (always set a limit tho, just in case an acquaintance steps on your gas pedal in neutral =p )

Yessir!
Pick up an SCT Xcal 3 FORD from whatever place is cheapest (if its used, clarify with the seller its NOT LOCKED TO A VEHICLE). Then contact Torrie Tunes and request a set of files. I recommend Street tune and track tune for $150.

Find Torrie's contact info here:
Unleashed Tuning - Horsepower is easy, traction is the real problem!

Tuning your car with a street tune will give you more HP and better performance and fuel economy. The tuner machine (Xcal 3) will allow you to select settings to disable such features Ford programmed the car with, including neutral rev limiters (always set a limit tho, just in case an acquaintance steps on your gas pedal in neutral =p )
Hey man thanks a lot for all the info. I am so sick of not being able to show off this car to people who doubt its performance. I'll definetely look into it

Members online

Back