need air ride help please!

alltheboost

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 97 mk8 and it was converted to coil. I bought all the stuff to go back to air ride, I hooked up the height sensors,solenoids and all the stuff that was missing. when I turn the key I get an instant check air suspension message. I jumped the compressor and it works. it doesn't seem to be sending a signal to the relay. anyone have any thoughts?

Did you make sure the Air Ride switch in the trunk is turned on? Then again, if it was the switch, then it'd simply say Air Ride Switch Off. So, nevermind....

You may want to check the Air Ride Data Link Connector, which I think is located by the passenger side strut tower.

2008-02-15_153044_57449094a.gif

I think people usually cut/unplug the wire(Black wire?) to height sensors etc. when converting to coil springs.

I looked at that, that one is inside behind the kick panel, I'm pretty sure it's a light green wire, but this was converted by some country ass shop. It seems all they did was turn the switch off and live with the switch off message

After checking everything and pretty much every wire, swapping sensors and solenoids out with nothing working I got a module plugged it in and car raised right up and leveled off perfect

After checking everything and pretty much every wire, swapping sensors and solenoids out with nothing working I got a module plugged it in and car raised right up and leveled off perfect
Where did you purchase the module??

So, what are you going to do with those left over coil overs? :D

I just bought a 97 mk8 and it was converted to coil. I bought all the stuff to go back to air ride, I hooked up the height sensors,solenoids and all the stuff that was missing. when I turn the key I get an instant check air suspension message. I jumped the compressor and it works. it doesn't seem to be sending a signal to the relay. anyone have any thoughts?

My mark is sitting on its frame and there no compressor running to pump it up. Is the compressor located on the right front fender corner upside down.? I removed the parts from the top right but no axcess to the compressor. I plan on removing old compressor and installing a quality compressor. If it works car should inflate the bags . Let me know about how to get to the compressor in my 1996 mark 8.

It's in front of the pass wheel. You can remove the bumper splash shield and inner fender splash shield, I just found it easier to remove the whole front bumper

Members online

No members online now.
Back