wanting to own a mk8 again

alltheboost

LVC Member
Reaction score
years ago I had a red/grey lsc with all the options. I sold it due to financial reasons, ive since been doing well and have collected quite the nice car collection, but one I always think about was that Lincoln haha. finding one in mass that isn't rotted or way overpriced is tough. I did find one that is clean and solid about 6 hrs away. it has the usual issues (blend door, misfire from coil boot,drivers mirror fluid leaking, door switch saying door is open). Im no stranger to working on car either. I have several race cars ive built, restored, and daily a ls7/t56 s10 that I built. the two things that concerned me is he said it had a trans code, he thought it was for a range sensor? and someone converted it to coils. he told me all the air ride stuff was still there, they just put the springs in. I want to go back to air ride. but that trans code is bothering me. the plus side is its 80k miles and super super clean. I find a lot of rust up here. just wanted to introduce myself and see what you guys think.

6 hours? I'd consider that lucky. I had to do 10 hours & a hotel stay to get my FL car. Being an x upstate NY'er I also put a huge premium on the rust issue. Im no stranger to grinding, sand blasting & POR15-ing rust. Even all that, is only a temporary fix in the cold/condensation wintery north. The trans is fixable, the rust....not so much.

I did some looking and it seems that code 9/10 times is the pcm. I can get another one for $50 so that's no big deal. and I found a guy that has everything for the air ride, all the air springs, relay,compressor,sensors,and solenoids all new or pretty much new for $500 for everything. then the rest is nitpick stuff. I know im in for some fun for the blend door but that shouldn't be more than a days work

Personaly I'd keep the springs as I just put springs in mine. At 60, I don't want suspension problem haunting me into my old age! I just posted a Blend door repair in the How Too Articles that gives you all you need to know to do it 100 percent right. Good Luck with getting the car. They surly are the last of an American dream car!

I’m partial to low mile red/grey LSC’s. Mine has 37k on it now.

F27EAF40-3144-40CB-89EF-AF659739018D.jpeg

ACB697DC-2BD9-4C8E-A2A5-23DBB0B18B62.jpeg

7732CF35-249C-4CB7-A3B5-8B04396E03D5.jpeg

My fully loaded (no phone) '98
LSC03.jpg
LSC with 50k on the clock. They do exist in the Northeast but are reclusive! lol

years ago I had a red/grey lsc with all the options. I sold it due to financial reasons, ive since been doing well and have collected quite the nice car collection, but one I always think about was that Lincoln haha. finding one in mass that isn't rotted or way overpriced is tough. I did find one that is clean and solid about 6 hrs away. it has the usual issues (blend door, misfire from coil boot,drivers mirror fluid leaking, door switch saying door is open). Im no stranger to working on car either. I have several race cars ive built, restored, and daily a ls7/t56 s10 that I built. the two things that concerned me is he said it had a trans code, he thought it was for a range sensor? and someone converted it to coils. he told me all the air ride stuff was still there, they just put the springs in. I want to go back to air ride. but that trans code is bothering me. the plus side is its 80k miles and super super clean. I find a lot of rust up here. just wanted to introduce myself and see what you guys think.
Call down to Florida to Arnott air springs equipment. I have bought from them . They have a person who can help you on the phone who knows the problem you are facing. . No stinkin e mails. Google Arnott.com

those are both beautiful!! I cant believe how much the front air struts are though!!
I buy mine thru advanced at about 275.00 because advanced will not screw you around like on line places and its a life time guarantee/

have a caution on ordering front air spring/struts. they are asymmetrical in the position of the valve. I kept getting two struts for the left side instead of a left and right. P/Ns on the boxes were correct, but the contents were not. I can imagine the hassle if I had purchased these online instead of at a storefront. got the correct parts eventually. five tries. ended up calling the manufacturers warehouse manager and sent him a picture of what I was looking for and asked him to physically inspect the contents of the box before shipping it to the store. fifth time was the charm.
Arnott is good stuff. it's their thing. a functioning air suspension is a very good thing.

I am past 69 owning different cars all my life. Buy a car with a excellent body Trumps buying one with rust and or repaired because its easier and less money to replace an engine and or transmission than to repair rust and an all over top shelf paint job. A mirror finish paint job can be over 1200.00 and then the body work to repair rust. A solid body beats a cancered out body and engines are easier to replace than rust repair and paint jobs.

I am past 69 owning different cars all my life. Buy a car with a excellent body Trumps buying one with rust and or repaired because its easier and less money to replace an engine and or transmission than to repair rust and an all over top shelf paint job. A mirror finish paint job can be over 1200.00 and then the body work to repair rust. A solid body beats a cancered out body and engines are easier to replace than rust repair and paint jobs.
oh, hell yes! engines are my oldest brothers thing. he's 70 and retired from Benz wrenching. marvelous on motors. my thing is systems. I retired from industrial equipment tech. Now we have the time to play with our toys. we both can do the required body work, but we do not care for it. he has a 95 t-bird he rebuilt the engine on. he had egr issues caused by high oil consumption and no stones. we found a '99 4.6sohc to dogrob heads. cop car cams. found a great machinist here in denver. his t-bird runs well now.
I have had to get off my motorcycle and found a straight trade for a 98 Mark 8 base. zero body damage or rust, excellent interior. so I rebuilt the air suspension, put in a trutrak diff and 3.73 gears, 2.50" catback exhaust,the much hated blend door actuator twice, the audio system, the brakes and other odds and ends. easy to work on for the most part. most of the components are able to be repaired/rebuilt. I invested in a hickok mach2 star unit and it has helped a lot.
I really have not found any better car for the money. ride, comfort and performance.
You really need a mark 8. and lsc isn't necessary, it is just different decals and exhaust and gearing. but that is just my inner skinflint peeking out.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back