front windshield replacement safelite

• Thread starter Deleted member 22631
  • Start date
I've only ever seen Carlite. Out of curiosity, can someone post a pic of what the logo on the Pilkington looks like?

I've only ever seen Carlite. Out of curiosity, can someone post a pic of what the logo on the Pilkington looks like?

Maybe later, but you can't miss it. It says "Pilkington" on the glass. That's what the local glass company used on mine.

Would look like this:

windshield-acoustic_interlayer.jpg

Thanks. I was under the impression that they'd have the Lincoln logo on them. Gonna have to replace mine soon.

If it has the Lincoln logo on it then it would most likely be the original windshield. I can't say one way or the other, having bought mine used. Pilkington glass though, worth the hassle of making sure that's what you get.

I have Allied Insurance with "Full Safety Glass Coverage". Under that section of the Policy it states there is no deductible and they use Satellite Solutions. I live in CA and have never heard of Pilkington Glass. Does anyone know if I can demand that brand and,if so, can they potentially add a surcharge? Would that be better than asking for O.E.M.?

I have Allied Insurance with "Full Safety Glass Coverage". Under that section of the Policy it states there is no deductible and they use Satellite Solutions. I live in CA and have never heard of Pilkington Glass. Does anyone know if I can demand that brand and,if so, can they potentially add a surcharge? Would that be better than asking for O.E.M.?

So do I and Safelite has installed a Pilkington windshield 3 times. They tried their own off-brand once and it wasn't pretty. VERY distorted at the bottom edge.

It would depend upon your policy but even if they said surcharge it's well worth it. Pilkington is to Safelite as fine crystal is to the mug your 2nd grader made out of Playdoh.

Older thread but I thought I'd add my experience here. Had mine replaced today by Safelite, went through insurance and when I scheduled and I ask for and got OEM glass ordered without any hassle, though it did delay the install a bit because they had to order the glass. They arrived with a Pilkington windshield with the Lincoln logo on it.

On another note, anyone have a Gen2 rains sensor they want to part with? Mine looks like something was cooked onto it, under the pad.

Older thread but I thought I'd add my experience here. Had mine replaced today by Safelite, went through insurance and when I scheduled and I ask for and got OEM glass ordered without any hassle, though it did delay the install a bit because they had to order the glass. They arrived with a Pilkington windshield with the Lincoln logo on it.
Had the exact same experience with Safelite replacing my windshield. The took care of me on this and no extra costs.

Reviving an old thread...

Getting my windshield replaced tomorrow. They asked about the "rain sensor" wipers and I thought I had them but I can't see how or where to engage them, even looking at the manual. I have a 2004 V8 with the premium sport package. I don't have an "A" on the wiper stick.

Reviving an old thread...

Getting my windshield replaced tomorrow. They asked about the "rain sensor" wipers and I thought I had them but I can't see how or where to engage them, even looking at the manual. I have a 2004 V8 with the premium sport package. I don't have an "A" on the wiper stick.

All 2000-2003 had rain sensing wipers
Some (just a few) 2004 had rain sensing wipers, most did not. My 2004 does not.
No 2005-2006 had rain sensing wipers.

Last edited:
No 2005-2005 had rain sensing wipers.

Thanks Joe,

Glad I checked! I called them and gave them the VIN and low and behold, a different part number. No rain sensors but the heated wipers...all in all about $1 difference in price.

I just had a front windshield replaced by safelite so hoping I don't have any issues. I can say years back around 2005 I had horrible luck with safelite so I am hoping they have improved since then. I had issues with their windshields holding up the rear view mirror. They had to replace it 4 times and then they got oem glass and I had no more problems. I didn't have much choice cause the cold -1 weather cracked the bottom of my windshield and I am out of town and didn't want it to crack more while I was on the road and risk getting a ticket. But so far the glass looks great and I can't complain but if that mirror comes down one time I will make them replace it with pilkington.

On my 97 S class, I had the w/s replaced. Amazing how pitted the surface was. It was done at a paint shop so I think they had some hack do the install. More noise and lost some features like rain sensor off the mirror.

On the LS, with 53k mi., a new w/s would be awesome. Def pitted.

I had no idea of 1) heated wiper seats or 2) rain sensor or 3) tint. It's good to know what to ask for in case I need glass. Quality trained installers can make a huge diff in road noise (if installed correctly).

No 2005-2006 had rain sensing wipers.

DeviLSh, does your 06 have them? Jon was saying you do

Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself on here and create a thread to help document and share the ownership of my recently purchased 2006 LS.

-Devin

If you have working rain sensing wipers, the only manual settings are off, low, and high. There would be five auto sensitivity settings.
Rain sensing wipers on an 06 would have to aftermarket, or a retro fit from an 03 LS (should be possible).

Is there a clear wrap for windshields to prevent pitting? In need of one from pitting and would like to cover it. One wrap shap told me they use to install it. I cant find any info on it though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back