Broken Center Console Latch - Gen 2 - replacement?

Good luck finding replacement part, I bought a whole new lid, besides the nail fix another way is to just use some Velcro to hold lid down or one long nail glued down with the ends trimmed to fit.

Thanks for the lead but I think I will find someone with a drill press before I pay $75 for a .10 cent plastic piece! This one is missing the piece I need anyway...

glad to see your still around and kicking!!! how've you been!!!

All is well, thanks for asking, I have not been too active on the Forum lately... I did recently replace my DCCV which worked out great. Now I need to find a good fix for this problem as well. Seems like the 2006 is starting to have more problems :Bang

Got it done! Took my time with low setting on the drill and very small drill bits (progressively bigger). Turned out great and I think it will outlast the car. Best part is all it took was a nail and some super glue :)
photo-8.jpg
photo-7.jpg

photo-6-2.jpg

i really wish i wouldn't have lost my latch when it broke, finding one in a junk yard that is not already broken seems to be quite the task, and velcro only last for so long before it gets crushed and needs to be replaced...

yeah, ive tried but only with smaller cheap magnets ive just happened to find around. but if i hit a pot hole, it would still pop open if my arm was not resting on it.

Ive been lately thinking about looking into stronger magnets or putting key lock in it (not just to fix the broken latch lol)

Got it done! Took my time with low setting on the drill and very small drill bits (progressively bigger). Turned out great and I think it will outlast the car. Best part is all it took was a nail and some super glue :)
View attachment 828553655View attachment 828553656
View attachment 828553657

You are the hero Gotham needs, but not the one it deserves. :D
Thank you for this. My pins snapped this week. Tried using epoxy to put the pins on, but the force on the pins is too great. I bought the multi pack brad nails from Walmart ($8 CAD) different sizes. used the large nail, chopped them with plyers and put them in. Didn't see the need for glue tho, they seem in place.

LOL
You are the hero Gotham needs, but not the one it deserves. :D
Thank you for this. My pins snapped this week. Tried using epoxy to put the pins on, but the force on the pins is too great. I bought the multi pack brad nails from Walmart ($8 CAD) different sizes. used the large nail, chopped them with plyers and put them in. Didn't see the need for glue tho, they seem in place.
LOL! Happy I could help and the fix is still working 5+ years later on my end....wow how time flies!

Members online

No members online now.
Back