Value worth - 2nd GEN all red tail lamps

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hoping to learn what "2nd GEN all red tail lamps" might be worth these days.

I have two sets of them and currently considering selling privately or posting to eBay.

Item located in Ontario, Canada. Shipping to the US is an issue as far as cost goes.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

$300 +shipping (from Canada) for the above set.
Perfect condition, nothing wrong with them.

Keeping my other 2nd GEN all reds, which were professionally Laminex tinted.

also available,
- 1st GEN two tone EURO trunk mount inners' only.
- several 1st GEN complete sets, including a professionally lacquered tinted set.
- several 2nd GEN plain two tone complete sets.

SOLD ... pending payment and shipping resolution.

@V8inMA

hey, sorry for the delay. Just going to use this thread to post pics as PM picture embedding must be done from a linked placeholder, so this is easiest for me.

We spoke in PM with respect to the broken piece on the very bottom which I did not ever notice while they were on the car. When I first took them off the car, they were filthy on the back sides and I only quickly checked that all posts where good to go ... it wasn't until I sat down and began to clean them that I noticed the obvious.

broken002.jpg

broken001.jpg

You mentioned this would not be an issue for you as long as it was not noticeable when the trunk was closed.

It was bothering me on three parts.

1) I originally posted that there was nothing wrong with them.
2) I just simply can sell broken stuff to others like that.
3) There was a good size hairline scratch on it as well.

so ....

I opted to make a repair by swapping out one from my other Lamin-x tinted set I have.
(I'll at a later time recover and fix the broken one for myself and re-tint it, no big deal really)

It had a film of tint on it, which needed removing and there were two broken-off posts.

post01.jpg

post02.jpg

... and the corner of the gasket was a bit torn.

damagedGasket01.jpg

... easily removed and transferable to other good lens.

damagedGasket02.jpg

Having removed the Lamin-x tinted film, it unfortunately for me, left my other set a bit in-complete but that is my problem and I would have had to repair the posts anyhow, so I recover from that at a later time no doubt.

tintedSet.jpg

The Lamin-x tinted film came of good by use of a hair dryer, cautiously, heating it without going to crazy on it as not to damage the lens with any excessive heat. Peeled of slowly and left me with a light coating of tacky film of glue, which I cleaned up with some Goo Gone cleaner.

Compound polished it to a perfect clean condition ...

polished.jpg

continued ....

Last edited:
Next up was the post replacements ...

salvaged two posts from another lens,

post03.jpg

... removed such by means of heating up the tip of a sharp blade to cut into the plastic and assistance of a dremel bit to help it along.

post04.jpg

post05.jpg

Seated the salvaged posts and used NORTON SpeedGrip structural adhesive to secure the bottom of the posts to the housing.

post06.jpg

postReplaced01.jpg

postReplaced02.jpg

smoothed it out as best as I could and trimmed it down a bit so that it wouldn't sit high and bump into anything when attaching it to the trunk mount.

Masked it up and gave it a little black paint to keep it clean looking.

These replacement posts are in there good and won't go anywhere.

Replaced gasket ... tacked it in place with Mr. Gorilla glue.

postReplaced03.jpg

continued ....

Last edited:

Completed refurbished 04 Lincoln LSE all red tail lights.

completed01.jpg

completed02.jpg

completed03.jpg

completed04.jpg

All lenses have been polished to a clean perfection. There are a couple of extremely small fine hair line scratches here and there. You'd be hard pressed to spot them unless holding them up into the light and using superman glasses to even notice. They are 98% perfect at this point. (I can't do any better unless I'd start a wet-sanding process, which really isn't needed)

back side of all lenses ...

completed01Back.jpg

completed02Back.jpg

completed03Back.jpg

completed04Back.jpg

All mounting hardware (nuts) included.

Interested ???
Start shipping ???

let me know please ... Thank you!

Last edited:
RigsLS

This is the definition of going above and beyond !! I am amazed at the time and effort you have put into these. Most definitely I want them and once you let me know the total with the shipping I will paypal you the funds ASAP.

Thank you !!

Interested ???
Start shipping ???

let me know please ... Thank you!

.[/QUOTE]

You'd think a man could find a proper box around town to do some shipping huh?

I'll get them packed in a box with lots of bubble wrapping and such.
Used to work/drive for United Van Lines here in town, I'll go hit them up on Monday.

@V8inMA

making progress ... all packed down, tons of padding.

IMG_0936b.jpg

IMG_0938b.jpg

IMG_0940b.jpg

Just heading out to the Post Office there shortly, see how they can help us get this across the border. I'll check on how much International Tracking on it would be.

Have your address already. get back to you later in PM ...

@V8inMA

Did you ever get a pic or two of these lenses installed on your LS ???
Would be fun to see ...

@V8inMA

Did you ever get a pic or two of these lenses installed on your LS ???
Would be fun to see ...

Sadly with it being tucked away for the winter, its not in an easy place to get those put on. Probably about a month or so we should be out of the snow. (mostly) and I can get it back out and put them on. I will for sure post some pics once I do.

Oh perfect. LS'es should always be winter stored. like my 01 taking up all my garage space for well over 5yrs now. :eek: Looking forward to pics later.

So after much delay I finally got around to taking some pictures. Had the tail lights on for about 2 month now. Rigs did an awesome job of making these look like they were brand new. Playing around with the spoiler on the last 2, haven't decided if I like it or not yet.

tail1.jpg

tail2.jpg

tail3.jpg

What happened to Rigs anyway ? i contacted him about an item and was supposed to be sent pics and haven't heard a word back nor has shown active here since February.

IIRC, He does a lot of driving for work. Hence the 'Rigs'. He is active in short periods when he's able. Hopefully he's ok and will be back soon.

I'm all good here, thanks folks! ;)

Still have the 01 LS Sport and the 04 LSE (which surprisingly keeps on going without any break-downs ???).
Working local mostly and busy with the home life and couple of renos here and there.

@V8inMA ~ looks good, those did clean up real nice, I've since scored another 2nd gen LSE all red complete set.

@Carl Smith ~ not selling 1st GEN inner EURO two tone trunk mounted tail lamps for $40, sorry but worth much more.

Members online

No members online now.
Back