The Lincoln LS is proven in the coldest of weather even after 18 years on the road

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give some credit where credit is due...Up in the Mid-West we had a cold spell where the temps were in bottoming out at -37 degrees and windchills were -50 degrees ...went over to the shop where the LS has been sitting for about a week ...long story short after sitting in this unbelievable cold weather...I put the key in her turned it over and after cranking three times she fired right up like a CHAMP! I have to admit after owning a Lincoln LS for the last five years now...I never had a better car in the winter than the LINCOLN LS 3.9 V8 ...this car has never not started in the coldest of cold weather

Except when every single door is frozen shut. One time ok but 3 times in one week gets frustrating :mad:

Use silicone spray on your door seals,,, lithium grease on your door hinges... and spray your latches and key slots with PB Blaster. Problem solved.

Dutch... I hear ya. Went through that in the winter of '12-'13... And again this year. Proper maintenance and a good battery make a difference!
I couldn't agree more 04' and I love and die by white lithium grease

Except when every single door is frozen shut. One time ok but 3 times in one week gets frustrating :mad:

So true. Even worse when you think its melted when you go to roll a window down and it rips right off the already fragile plastic clips.

I have new extreme contact tires and after installing new non passive rear links it seems to handle worse in slippery conditions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back