Land Speed LS

Glad to hear the dream is still alive. Good luck, and keep us posted

Hey Cam. Hope all is well with you & yours. Keep the dream alive:)

Apologies for reviving such an old post but in my searches I had plans and questions I felt this a better post than any to ask.
1. I saw somewhere here that gen2 heads and jag supercharger intakes match I wanted to make sure it was gen2 ls heads or gen 2 blower.
2. As far as crankshafts I’m certain a forged unit is going to have to be custom as I’ve found nothing even in the jaguar movement maybe overseas but that’s not worth the effort and shipping headaches, what I do wonder is intervals alternatives. Say like would a 4b11t rod and piston work in the ls given their comparable stroke and bore is?

Apologies for reviving such an old post but in my searches I had plans and questions I felt this a better post than any to ask.
1. I saw somewhere here that gen2 heads and jag supercharger intakes match I wanted to make sure it was gen2 ls heads or gen 2 blower.
2. As far as crankshafts I’m certain a forged unit is going to have to be custom as I’ve found nothing even in the jaguar movement maybe overseas but that’s not worth the effort and shipping headaches, what I do wonder is intervals alternatives. Say like would a 4b11t rod and piston work in the ls given their comparable stroke and bore is?

You’re better off posting this in the regular thread or just PMing Cam. I dont think he’s around much anymore, but after no updates for 4 years, we can chalk this up as another dead pipe dream and your question isn’t going to get enough traffic to get a meaningful response.

Last edited:
I am quite willing to offer any bit of info I have.
I decided to create a whole different car and quit trying to mod my daily driver. You can likely buy an entire Jag engine and swap it in mostly as a bolt-in. The 4.2 versions will give you 400 HP as from the factory if you find one of the supercharged ones.

By the way, I still hold the record for one mile-standing start set at Maxton in 2007. Class is E/Fuel Competition Coupe/Sedan. ECTA sanction.

KS

And just like that...he's back! Glad you're doing well. What's the new project like?

And just like that...he's back! Glad you're doing well. What's the new project like?
As has been said, I don't look in here much. The new project is a close duplicate of the Cobra Daytona with a 4130 space frame and a carbon fiber body. It will start out street-drivable with a billet aluminum block, a 4.6 inch bore and a 3.5 stroke, which comes out as a significantly oversquare 466 CID variation of the Boss 429. It'll use, in street trim, a Porsche dual clutch seven speed trans and an independent rear end based on the Mustang design, but using a 9" center section. It'll be tuned for pump E85 for street driving and will be moderately boosted by multiple turbos. More serious work will include a switch to methanol as fuel and a fair amount of 'spray' and turning the boost up. The goal is 300 MPH plus in one mile on concrete.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back