Disabling Alarm

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Is this possible? Im tired of dealing with the random alarm going off. At first thought jt was a door fault. I legit am sitting in the car havent even stepped out yet and the red light is flashing off. I leave it unlocked now to avoid it going off and walked up to it with the light flashing now more then often recently. Upon clicking the unlock key on the key fob it would not even disarm this time.. i had to lock it via fob then unlock to disarm. Earlier I clicked 2 times unlock to open passenger doors and it wouldnt open. I thought this was maybe the fob battery at first but maybe im wrong. My car battery tests well. Other then that my trip odometer always resets all by itself. I have no other issues besides the normal LS BS. Could this be pcm going bad? I feel like whenever it gets warm out I have random electrical issues.

The PCM has nothing at all to do with the perimeter alarm. It's not even powered with the key off (apart from memory).
The DDM is the major (but not the only) player in the perimeter alarm.

So then is it safe to assume the DDM is going bad? Think I had this happen on a GM before.. easy 20$ fix.

So then is it safe to assume the DDM is going bad? Think I had this happen on a GM before.. easy 20$ fix.

It could also be the FEM, the REM, the cluster, the wiring, a door latch, a hood switch, trunk switch, ...

Members online

No members online now.
Back