Transmission Problem

I'm from Biloxi ain't this a small world lol. But how did you remove the 10mm bolt from top of the transmission thats the only thing stopping me right now

Search the posts on here from those who have done it.
It's a pain to get to the bolt on top of the transmission that goes through the electrical connector and into the solenoid assembly.
You need a pump of some sort to get the transmission fluid in after you are done.

Stay away from the chain transmission shops. Find a good local independent shop if you can't do it yourself.

I'm from Biloxi ain't this a small world lol. But how did you remove the 10mm bolt from top of the transmission thats the only thing stopping me right now

Like he said, special wrench. I cheated both times. The one on the 04 was under warranty, and at 200K my 06 was in need of a transmission rebuild. (The 04 is well over 200K, and its transmission is still good.)

I've been in Gulfport about 20 years now, but I was where i actually came from for longer than that.

Like he said, special wrench. I cheated both times. The one on the 04 was under warranty, and at 200K my 06 was in need of a transmission rebuild. (The 04 is well over 200K, and its transmission is still good.)

I've been in Gulfport about 20 years now, but I was where i actually came from for longer than that.
It can be done without a special wrench, but boy is it a nightmare to say the least.

Now you know why auto techs have thousands invested in tools. Time is money...and the right tools make the difference.

The same is true for non pros. Do you want to spend half a day on a project,,, or get it done in a couple hours? I've used the dog snot out of that ratchet... And if it ever breaks I just call the guy with the big truck and meet him somewhere.

I don't work on vehicles professionally any more... But I'm still buying new tools when needed because time is still money. The sooner I can get done with a project... The sooner I can move on to something else... Or reiax. Fighting with a project is just unneeded stress and aggravation and a waste of time.

You might be able to find something similar from Craftsman or harbor fright. Or.... Find a used Mac version on eBay for half price.

Just my .02c

Again... Craftsman or Harbor Fright might have something similar... Or you might be able to pick up a used one on eBay cheap.
Exactly what I did for the thermostat housing bolts I bought a used snapon wrench and made my life so much easier. I picked up the tool for like $10 and it looked brand new. So I would check out ebay these tools are good to have. The 5r55 series tends to have the same problems so it could be a good thing to have in case you ever have to change it again for some reason. If people are not willing to spend a few extra dollars on a tool they have bought the wrong car for sure. Cause tools would be the least of my worries with all the expensive maintenance and such that has to be done on the LS.

Guys - I finally got the 10mm bolt out. I went to Autozone and bought one of their ratchet wrenches in the 10mm size. We have a machine shop at work, and I asked one of the machinists to cut it down to 3.5". I then used the ratchet to help get the bolt out. Once I had the right tool, it still took 10 min or so to get the bolt out, because of the tight space.

I am shopping around online now for a replacement solenoid pack.

Guys - I finally got the 10mm bolt out. I went to Autozone and bought one of their ratchet wrenches in the 10mm size. We have a machine shop at work, and I asked one of the machinists to cut it down to 3.5". I then used the ratchet to help get the bolt out. Once I had the right tool, it still took 10 min or so to get the bolt out, because of the tight space.

Guess I'll be getting this thing cut so I can get the ball rolling

How did u work around the shift cable bracket I removed the bolt and the damn thing is still in the way really doesnt clear the way for me

How did u work around the shift cable bracket I removed the bolt and the damn thing is still in the way really doesnt clear the way for me

Alvin - I removed the 2 bolts that hold the shift cable, and pulled it as low as it would go. It was just another thing that was a pain in the butt. I never really got it out of the way. I just worked around it loose.

Jason

I I R C... you can remove the PRNDL switch, (also known as the gear selector switch... But it has to be re installed in the exact position it was originally in. You can mark it by using a paint stick around the bolts. Then when the bolts are removed... you have 2 bright shiny spots showing exactly where the bolts were.

I don't understand why they just didn't make it a push clip. You got what 7 bolts holding it on the inside

Update after fighting for a good 5 mins finally got that cocksucker lol

Alvin - No doubt it was a sum-bitch. :)

I ordered my solenoid pack yesterday. I saw some cheap on Ebay, but I couldn't confirm that they would be exact fits in a 2000 model LS. I ended up buying one from RockAuto for $309.

I will probably put it in next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Jason

Alvin - No doubt it was a sum-bitch. :)

I ordered my solenoid pack yesterday. I saw some cheap on Ebay, but I couldn't confirm that they would be exact fits in a 2000 model LS. I ended up buying one from RockAuto for $309.

I will probably put it in next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Jason
I pretty much swap mines out the same day. Shift soleniods and vavle body. Gotta add fluid in the morning had to make me a custom pump

I put in my shift solenoid pack this weekend, but had a bunch of family stuff and ran out of time. All I have to do is put the pan back on, put in fluid and try it out.

I did not change anything on the valve body itself.

Mines was a bust its doing the same thing. But luckily i found a transmission for $300 and someone to put it in for $325. So imma take that route

Looks like mine was a failed effort also. Its not the solenoid pack. Its doing the exact same thing. Its also not shifting quickly anymore, but I think I don't have enough fluid in there. Looks like I need a new transmission as well.

Members online

Back