Just totaled my Mark VIII

$5,100 plus tax and fees plus rental car. I’m in a good spot. I definitely made money on that car.

$5,100 plus tax and fees plus rental car. I’m in a good spot. I definitely made money on that car.
You recieved more than you could have sold it for. That much money can get you a california mark. Insurance always overpays what the owner could sell it for. Count you blessing. You did put in the work to get it settled

You recieved more than you could have sold it for. That much money can get you a california mark. Insurance always overpays what the owner could sell it for. Count you blessing. You did put in the work to get it settled
Write me back , id'e want to hear what Marks you have seen for sale, prices, model years. ect.?

It’s been tough finding ANY decent candidates.

I do feel lucky that the Mark market has really hit a high, lately.

Three years ago I could barely find a Mark VIII that wasn’t infested with leaves, leaking and misfiring. Now, it seems that the generation of war vets that bought their “last car for the rest of their life” are finally giving up the reigns. There are several cars with 40k on them ranging from $6-8k. No doubt anything more than $6k is a stretch. However, there was one that just went in California for $4,950 with 28k miles! It really was immaculate, seats included.

I’m subscribed to every car site I could find as well as Craigslist. If anything pops up for sale, I’ll know about it. So far, no luck.

Three years ago I could barely find a Mark VIII that wasn’t infested with leaves, leaking and misfiring. Now, it seems that the generation of war vets that bought their “last car for the rest of their life” are finally giving up the reigns. There are several cars with 40k on them ranging from $6-8k. No doubt anything more than $6k is a stretch. However, there was one that just went in California for $4,950 with 28k miles! It really was immaculate, seats included.

I’m subscribed to every car site I could find as well as Craigslist. If anything pops up for sale, I’ll know about it. So far, no luck.
Glad to hear from you and about the increase of mark prices as they were low in 2011. You sound like a astute person. I did not know marks were gaining value. That california mark is the kind of buy I would do over . I have put much money and time into mine. 2800 plus 2000 more and I could likely had a cherry mark 8.

I’m subscribed to every car site I could find as well as Craigslist.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/749400288/overview/

Is this a car you know personally?

I’ve had my eye on this since the accident. It’s from the rust-belt, unfortunately. It really is a good car, from appearances. I’m uneasy about the accident report too.

I'm actually glad the accident took this car from me, because I could now afford the car in the condition I really want! It sure is a thing of beauty! New thread coming soon.

2702F9F1-700A-4287-A518-1C66ABCE6D05.jpeg

D36D6F44-9B31-42F4-9FBF-7F28D3F195D5.jpeg

Not even a year in and some **** runs a red light and now we're going to have to dispute this crap because he's claiming I ran it.

Man I feel so screwed. I put the finishing touch on the interior less than an hour before. I really could cry right now but I'd rather punch the kid in his smug texting-and-driving face.

What would be the problems I'd face if I try to repair this? I'm almost certain that insurance will total it out considering the ACV might be around $2,200. So my options are? I'm in it for over $4,000 at the moment.

Anybody have experience within the past year or two with the ACV of their Mark VIII? How do they take into consideration cost for headlights etc?

Is it even worth repairing? It swiped my fascia off and bent the bumper sub-frames. The doors open and close completely normally, the wheels track straight and steering isn't effected. He just clipped fenders, bumper, fascia, grilled etc off. What sort of problems should I look out for? I didn't lose any of my cooling stack or fluids, it's 100% driveable.

TL;DR
What would you do?
What was your experience?
I have two sets of lights for a 1998 mark v111, so that problem is over. I had the same accident and went to a scrapyard and removed the front end from a scrapped 1998 mark v111 also one side panel then had the car sprayed. It cost me a lot less to fix. If you are unable to find a mark v111 in a scrapyard, then purchase a cheap one on the net and use that nose. I have 2 sets of front and back seats in the ivory color and also 2 sets of ivory interior door skins. If you spend $4,000 it is still worth every cent. The dealers do not have headlights, or globes, so insurance companies just scrap the entire car. Andrew Buys 954-720-0475

I found this thread and I'm just wondering, did you buy back the totaled car (to get all of the parts you spent so much time & effort on)?

I found this thread and I'm just wondering, did you buy back the totaled car (to get all of the parts you spent so much time & effort on)?

After what they offered me I couldn’t give a flying cluck about the work I did. I had a LONG way to go with that car and some things could be avoided by finding a better candidate to start with. So I did. I posted the silver car above. I bought it. All of the external lights work, it’s been garage kept, it has aftermarket exhaust, it’s better in EVERY measure. I do have to do a lot of the work all over again but it’s worth it when starting with a good foundation. I’m glad the accident happened, hah.

Members online

No members online now.
Back