Jaguar S-Type coil springs and Bilsteins installed.

If you are talking about the front... The LS shocks will not have a plate big enough to support. The Jag springs. You will also need to order front Jag shocks as well. The bottom of all 4 Jag springs have the same diameter. The rear LS springs have the same diameter as the Jag springs... But the front LS springs have a smaller bottom diameter. Don't why Ford deviated from the Jag setup...but they did.

If you actually ordered Jag fromt shocks... the Jag springs should fit. Don't forget that there is an isolator that goes between the spring and the plate on the shock. You woll most likely have to source those from a boneyard set of rear LS shocks.

I have jag shocks jag springs they without a doubt look a lil big for the perch unless thats how they are and yes I have the exact part numbers. As far as the isolator goes I got some from TEIN.

BTW if I was doing this again which I never plan to unless for some reason I have the car years from now I would go for B6. The B4 is pretty taught at first and felt more comfortable later on but still soft and I drive on the worst roads in the US. So if you live anywhere without bad roads spend the extra $20 on B6.

Last edited:
I think you might be confusing the purpose of shocks and springs. Shocks control spring ocillations... which help keep the tires contacting the ground. Springs support the vehicle... And along with the sway bars help control body lean and nose dive.
If you are experiencing severe nose dive... The springs are more likely too soft or worn.
As a suggestion do a Google search on "sprung weight vs unsprung weight" .

I dont have nose dive. Im just saying I would go with B6 as the B4's ride is so smooth.

Members online

No members online now.
Back