Hi. Some Quick Questions

balboa454

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a 1998 Mark VIII LSC two days ago. I have a few questions.

1) My rear taillight does not have the LSC badging. It states Lincoln. I am 100% sure the car is an authentic LSC. I have paperwork from the original owner, VIN, dual exhaust, perforated seats, etc. I thought all LSC had that particular emblem?

2) I am swapping to a Traction-Lok rear end and want to install 4.10 gears. I have read that the car would need a tune. What all would that entail as I am unfamiliar with modding computer cars (parts, price, etc)?

3)Would I be better served to just install 3.73 gears?

Thanks very much.

Don't fear the gear. But I recommend you start looking for a 1993 one piece drive shaft for the vibs. I would recommend getting a tuner with the normal changes done. Look up Lance for tuner. Also the( solid axle) trac loc's don't have provisions for the IRS C clips on end of your axles. You need to machine or grind in the step for the c clips.

Thank you. I'm getting a trac loc from Ford that's supposed to work with IRSso hopefully that'll be fine.

It's pretty hard to find the one piece driveshaft, but I am looking for sure.

Thanks for the tip about Lance. I will check him out.

Hi

1) My rear taillight does not have the LSC badging. It states Lincoln. I am 100% sure the car is an authentic LSC. I have paperwork from the original owner, VIN, dual exhaust, perforated seats, etc. I thought all LSC had that particular emblem?

2) I am swapping to a Traction-Lok rear end and want to install 4.10 gears. I have read that the car would need a tune. What all would that entail as I am unfamiliar with modding computer cars (parts, price, etc)?

Thanks very much.
If you are just doing gears and doing only 4.1s you can get away with just swapping a 23 tooth gear in the transmission.

I put 3.73s in my 97 and sometimes i wished i had gone 4.1s. If its an everyday driver/highway car go 3.73s, if its a weekend car/cruiser go 4.1s.

I looked high and low a couple of years ago and I couldn’t find a NEW 28 spline T-Lok so I ended up buying a new 28 spline Auburn Pro.

I was able to order a 1993 one piece Mark VIII driveshaft today.

I want to order a forced lube tailshaft housing kit. Do we have a short housing on our transmissions, and would my 1998 have a VSS hole provision?

Thanks very much guys.

Tons and tons of guys don't bother with rear lube mod. Just make sure you 100% get a one piece DS.

Tons and tons of guys don't bother with rear lube mod. Just make sure you 100% get a one piece DS.

I had the seller check it as it's out of state. He came back today and emailed me that it is indeed a one piece. I guess I won't truly know until I receive it.

How will I tackle the speedometer/shift point issue once my gears become 4.10? I read somewhere that the speedometer gets it's info from the front wheels. I do have a tire change to 255/40/R18. Could I take it to a dealer and have the PCM reflashed?

you guys seem 110% on the one piece DS. I 've had my 98 for 4.5 years now and haven't noticed any vibration. I have 138k on her now.

Do you have 4.10 gears?

I had the seller check it as it's out of state. He came back today and emailed me that it is indeed a one piece. I guess I won't truly know until I receive it.
Alot of peeps don't know what to look for on them. If seller is like Bruce they know mk8 stuff

DS.jpg

Don't fear the gear. But I recommend you start looking for a 1993 one piece drive shaft for the vibs. I would recommend getting a tuner with the normal changes done. Look up Lance for tuner. Also the( solid axle) trac loc's don't have provisions for the IRS C clips on end of your axles. You need to machine or grind in the step for the c clips.
Which Lance are you referring to? dfwturbo.com?

Thanks

Hi, I have a 1994. Does mine have the one piece driveshaft?

Hi

Thanks very much.

Go 4.10 and don't think twice.

I've got several options for tuning the 93-98.

SCT X4 (96-98), Chip or a complete DIY tuning software package with tuning, burner and chip for all years.

X4 is $399.00 with 10 tunes
Chip, cable and switch is $269.00 with 4 tunes
CalibrVIIItor software is $400.00 with 4 tunes, chip, cable, switch and burner. You can also receive emailed tune updates with this setup.

Feel free to let me know if I can help.

-Lance

Hi Lance,

I'm interested in the X4 I would believe. I'm not familiar with the CalibrVIIItor. How would I proceed with you? I just need to compensate for the 4.10 gears, different tire size, jmod which I will have put in, shift points, and I think that's it....

Thanks

Hi Lance,

I'm interested in the X4 I would believe. I'm not familiar with the CalibrVIIItor. How would I proceed? I just need to compensate for the 4.10 gears, different tire size, jmod which I will have put in, shift points, and I think that's it....

Thanks

Perfect. However, it is not just gearing and shifting addressed. Everything that Ford left on the table is pinpointed in the tuning.

CalibrVIIItor is the template created by me for the TunerPro software, and I took it a little extreme with adding hardware to it. It is really developed for folks that have knowledge in tuning parameters.

If you would like to proceed with the X4, I would need you to complete a tune authorization form and I can invoice you with the email address supplied. Be as specific as you can. Thanks, Lance

Form Link

Ok Lance, sounds very good. I'll do the X4 as I have no knowledge of tuning. I'll check it all out later today when I'm home on my computer.

Tony

Members online

No members online now.
Back