A/C fuse help

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Aloha guys. If this has been discussed already, sorry for the dupe post. But I did some search but but I couldn't find anything close to my experience. maybe I used the wrong word for it (used A/C fuse).

Anyway, my AC fuse keep blowing, but only after about 15 minute of use. It does not blow when the coolant temperature is low. Only after engine warms up. To give you an example, I start the car with AC running, goes on freeway and only after about 15 minute of running, fuse blows. Pretty much same with street driving. Mind you, I live where temperature never goes below 80's so car warm up pretty quickly. Car temp gauge is pointing at middle, but does not have actual temp reading of the coolant (I don't have infra-red temp gauge).

DCCV is pretty new. Just replaced recently as the one I had in the car crapped out. Currently running diagnostic and in the process to take off the DATC unit right now as the DCCV pass the test according to the manual.

Anybody have any idea? Oh, BTW, I do have code 2799 when I run Forscan.

Yeah, it's almost certain to be the DCCV. (Did you go aftermarket, by chance?)
Anyway, unplug the DCCV and see if the fuse stops blowing to prove it.

Thanks Joe for your quick reply.

But DCCV I bought is from Rockauto, Motorcraft YG-378. It's only been in there for few month. Since I have the connector from DCCV unplugged right now, I'll try your suggestion and see.

Wish me luck!

So! I drove the car couple times but couldn't tell if the fuse blow or not, so decided to hook up the DCCV back. Yesterday, I finally had chance to drive the car long enough for the fuse to blow. Unhook the DCCV (which is a chore itself as everything around it are so hot! And no. Outside was hot enough to use AC, so no break there), replaced the fuse and bam!. It blew again. Tried it with two brand new fuses and both blew on contact.

Guess I need to crawl under the car and see if it's the compressor. But I won't be able to work on it at least until tomorrow, so hopefully, it won't rain until then. But the sky tells me otherwise........................

Members online

Back