What did you do to your LS today?

Picked up a few things to dress her up too. Hope to have the full catback done next month or January. Grant steering wheel was for a previous project. I matches the Silver Birch. So I am going to try to install it in the LS.

B1CB9C93-2502-4131-9163-2C684EAF9274.jpeg

0312EF20-4707-4384-B7B2-D2A23518AB89.jpeg

291C11F1-C033-419E-B86E-FED05DE583FF.jpeg

1CE6FC33-82FD-43A9-952A-FE3154617CD9.jpeg

Picked up a few things to dress her up too. Hope to have the full catback done next month or January. Grant steering wheel was for a previous project. I matches the Silver Birch. So I am going to try to install it in the LS.

The catback is quite a commitment ;but I'm confident the end result will be well worth the investment, I plan to use cherrybombs as a cheap in between until I can afford the full cat back package. Just upgrading the intake did a lot to change the sounds of my car, so I'm excited to think about what that exhaust kit will do.

Those tips are nice I had similar ones ;but they were boxed instead of round. Not spot welding them was a mistake as I lost one the other day lol.

It's cool you're tackling the steering wheel, I've been looking into it ;but most the counter guys at automotive parts stores are just minimum wage dummies that
don't know much about cars at all. You tell them you need something like a steering wheel hub receiver to mate an after market steering wheel to or a heat shield for a K&N intake filter or a battery isolator and they give you the most braindead look like you're an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Another really good looking and cheap upgrade is mud flaps, well being down in Texas I guess mud (or rain for that matter) isn't something you probably have to worry about lol ;but I like the way they change the look of the back end especially with nice tips peaking out.

Which speaking of what I've done lately to my LS is I've been rewiring my secondary battery and isolator, I noticed a definite improvement putting the stereo system and electric rad fan onto a second battery rather than letting the main battery carry the extra load. I've also been working on tying the open door ground projection lights I have of a skull giving the middle finger into the power line from the door lights and been working on a middle finger cover for the brake light on the inside of the back window in the middle.
I love how passionate about your car you are Rollin, I can't believe how slept on these cars are they are such a nice cars to do out.
These cars are going to be sought after collector cars in the future I'm sure, sporty Lincoln with Jaguar engine and running gear that's as luxury as it gets, even regular Jags aren't really seen as hot rod material ;but they've come with V12 engines that can hit up to 320kmph (I'm Canadian) for a long time.

The catback is quite a commitment ;but I'm confident the end result will be well worth the investment, I plan to use cherrybombs as a cheap in between until I can afford the full cat back package. Just upgrading the intake did a lot to change the sounds of my car, so I'm excited to think about what that exhaust kit will do.

Those tips are nice I had similar ones ;but they were boxed instead of round. Not spot welding them was a mistake as I lost one the other day lol.

It's cool you're tackling the steering wheel, I've been looking into it ;but most the counter guys at automotive parts stores are just minimum wage dummies that
don't know much about cars at all. You tell them you need something like a steering wheel hub receiver to mate an after market steering wheel to or a heat shield for a K&N intake filter or a battery isolator and they give you the most braindead look like you're an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Another really good looking and cheap upgrade is mud flaps, well being down in Texas I guess mud (or rain for that matter) isn't something you probably have to worry about lol ;but I like the way they change the look of the back end especially with nice tips peaking out.

Which speaking of what I've done lately to my LS is I've been rewiring my secondary battery and isolator, I noticed a definite improvement putting the stereo system and electric rad fan onto a second battery rather than letting the main battery carry the extra load. I've also been working on tying the open door ground projection lights I have of a skull giving the middle finger into the power line from the door lights and been working on a middle finger cover for the brake light on the inside of the back window in the middle.
I love how passionate about your car you are Rollin, I can't believe how slept on these cars are they are such a nice cars to do out.
These cars are going to be sought after collector cars in the future I'm sure, sporty Lincoln with Jaguar engine and running gear that's as luxury as it gets, even regular Jags aren't really seen as hot rod material ;but they've come with V12 engines that can hit up to 320kmph (I'm Canadian) for a long time.
This is my second LS. Next month, it will be two years. Since I wrecked my 2000. Blowout at 65mph on the interstate. It was show car and daily driver. I plan to have the 2003 eclipse it. Pictures of my 2000. I bought it back from the insurance company. Stripped it down to nothing. Salvaged all the custom work and parts I could. Scrapped the rest.

5426B023-3153-40CF-8C46-99C07F9B0A74.jpeg

3BBABF4F-9867-4530-B709-0EE841FDEC2A.jpeg

6E6FE772-EEEA-4E93-ACCB-1BCBCD6199AA.jpeg

AAE695E0-B65F-46D8-B115-C9D0640DF46B.jpeg

C3C1B016-E1F0-4812-A526-E5436066C397.jpeg

19FF64DC-35BA-4304-8AF8-46FE0AA4B359.jpeg

EFCE390A-D992-460A-9316-AA1C75F8CF1A.jpeg

31CCD09B-6A77-4E4F-BBA3-B2F3D0E31E3D.jpeg

648316E1-4CDD-476C-9698-CB8235194A95.jpeg

D895DE5A-85CC-49ED-8C06-2BA398F8DDBC.jpeg

D7951076-7F62-45A0-91E9-CBAA1B790ADD.jpeg

D16CBE76-D68E-44DB-A96A-70B8F20D2FA6.jpeg

C2FD78EC-F5E5-4B17-A83F-8D710FF49BE6.jpeg

5DC076BD-2B46-4808-8F7E-33DC212723DD.jpeg

AAE759E4-5F38-4D39-A2F1-2CB86CA7FD45.jpeg

D3F21DBF-B4B1-434C-B8F9-360DECAA6F4E.jpeg

After the LSE conversion.
Pictures of the wreck.

I managed to salvage my Magnaflow catback. One of the mufflers did get smashed. Someone stole the resonators. So I will be installing the x-pipe, resanotpr delete. Going with different mufflers too.

1BA720C3-59FE-4414-88D4-112E05329562.jpeg

4EF82830-6DFE-463C-9BD6-0239E924C115.jpeg

D69CCF0F-CB55-40BE-A143-AEBF3B57107A.jpeg

D194E257-BDCD-4D97-8241-BB00295FC908.jpeg

5C47F3ED-C793-4456-BB29-3B5475F68784.jpeg

7A2A7610-F0F2-465B-9173-32D311400247.jpeg

41411DCC-D458-4C2C-A226-BC3E6828A955.jpeg

0EC89AFE-3B7E-4741-B138-5DBCC6AAF9B2.jpeg

Hard to like a post with a smashed up LS especially one so done out.
The 2000 was really nice, custom paint makes them look a lot better, what color is that?
Looks almost like Brandywine if I had to guess.
It's sick to see a LS show car with so many trophies, especially being down in Texas that's a feat unto itself man.
Spinners, now or later paint and many more innovations in the custom car scene originate from there.

I've been doing quite a bit of customization to mine and plan to do a lot more.
My gas cap,door handles, door pillars, inside on the vents, around the stereo & climate controls, around the ashtray and on it and inside the gear shifter area all have carbon fiber looking vinyl wrap (I've still have to finish it). I've also completely upgraded every stock speaker to Pioneer, added tweeters on the driver and passenger inner pillars, upgraded the deck to a double din touchscreen dvd deck and I've mounted 2 Kicker 10's inside the spare tire storage compartment running off a Pioneer PRS 1200-SPL (1200 watt RMS at 2 ohms or 2400 at 1ohm). I have my stereo and electric rad fan on a 2nd battery with an isolator and my car has run a lot better since.

I bought a 3d printer mainly so I could print custom parts for my car and replacements for factory plastic pieces that are hard to find.

Your LSE is coming along nice it's going to be another head turner for sure, even with my car just having a bit of custom work done so far a lot of people come up and talk to me about it like it's a show car I can't imagine what it's like for you.

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

20181015_165023.jpg

20181015_165457.jpg

20181015_165921.jpg

I have to wait for awhile now before I can really do any exterior stuff on my car we get rain and this stuff you probably never seen before called snow lol, without a garage to work on my car in what I can do is pretty limited.
I have to redo my drivers door handle (it was the first one I did so it didn't come out perfect) ;but the rest are perfect.
I'm doing my headlights, the left hand one in the pic was just a draft so I could make a jig to work with, the passengers side you can see the idea and on the drivers side you can see the paint the original owner used.
They originally had tint paint on them, I did my tail lights with tint spray and they look really good. Almost too dark though, 3 coats was 1 too many.

20181015_164529.jpg

20181015_164543.jpg

20181015_165957.jpg

The 2000 was really nice, custom paint makes them look a lot better, what color is that?
It's sick to see a LS show car with so many trophies, especially being down in Texas that's a feat unto itself man.
Spinners, now or later paint and many more innovations in the custom car scene originate from there.

My gas cap,door handles, door pillars, inside on the vents, around the stereo & climate controls, around the ashtray and on it and inside the gear shifter area all have carbon fiber looking vinyl wrap (I've still have to finish it). I've also completely upgraded every stock speaker to Pioneer, added tweeters on the driver and passenger inner pillars, upgraded the deck to a double din touchscreen dvd deck and I've mounted 2 Kicker 10's inside the spare tire storage compartment running off a Pioneer PRS 1200-SPL (1200 watt RMS at 2 ohms or 2400 at 1ohm). I have my stereo and electric rad fan on a 2nd battery with an isolator and my car has run a lot better since.

I bought a 3d printer mainly so I could print custom parts for my car and replacements for factory plastic pieces that are hard to find.

Your LSE is coming along nice it's going to be another head turner for sure, even with my car just having a bit of custom work done so far a lot of people come up and talk to me about it like it's a show car I can't imagine what it's like for you.

View attachment 828570993

View attachment 828570994

View attachment 828570995

View attachment 828570996

View attachment 828570997
Believe it or not. That is the factory Au

View attachment 828570993

View attachment 828570994

View attachment 828570995

View attachment 828570996

View attachment 828570997
That is factory paint. Autumn Red with pearl in it. $81 a pint. It really POPS in the sunlight.

That's crazy it's factory paint, I want to paint my car and if you don't mind I'd definitely considering changing to that red. Was the front bumper and the side skirt on the 2000 the Duramax kit I've seen online for the LS? I really like the front bumper a lot and the side skirt almost gives it a Beamer look, the grill you had on the 2000 was nice too, do you have any pics of the interior of the 2000? I'd like to see how it looked if you can upload a couple pics to check out.
You made the 2000 look really good, I like it a lot. The LSE is coming a long nice, I'm excited to see what you do to it.
The one thing I think would have made the 2000 even better (IMO only of course) would have been suicide rear doors and vertical fronts. I know it's a lot of work and pretty expensive ;but when I see the open door pics you shared I can envision the doors like that and think it would look good or even just suicide rear doors to capture that classic throwback Lincoln look ;but what do I know "I'm Thinkin Thoed" lol

That's crazy it's factory paint, I want to paint my car and if you don't mind I'd definitely considering changing to that red. Was the front bumper and the side skirt on the 2000 the Duramax kit I've seen online for the LS? I really like the front bumper a lot and the side skirt almost gives it a Beamer look, the grill you had on the 2000 was nice too, do you have any pics of the interior of the 2000? I'd like to see how it looked if you can upload a couple pics to check out.
You made the 2000 look really good, I like it a lot. The LSE is coming a long nice, I'm excited to see what you do to it.
The one thing I think would have made the 2000 even better (IMO only of course) would have been suicide rear doors and vertical fronts. I know it's a lot of work and pretty expensive ;but when I see the open door pics you shared I can envision the doors like that and think it would look good or even just suicide rear doors to capture that classic throwback Lincoln look ;but what do I know "I'm Thinkin Thoed" lol
Are you talking about the EBay add for the Duraflex kit? If so, that IS my LS. I had the Razzi kit on my 2000. The Duraflex kit is a cheap copy. I did the LSE conversion about 7 years later.

The ORIGINAL pictures from the ebay ads.

6A8400CF-9B3D-4D52-AF7C-BBE5A931F185.jpeg

18863943-B9C0-4E1C-A8A4-5E0D2F5D9730.jpeg

That's awesome that's your car man! I've seen it on so many ads online for bodykits for a LS it's seeing the pictures online that really hyped me up about the potential of my car ;but the pictures are all usually kind of small or the angle is skewed a bit so being able to tell just how much love was put into the LS you're looking at is near impossible, I love the front piece of that kit more than anything and can definitely tell the difference in quality in the actual kit you have and the Ebay clones it's associated with.
Just a side note ;but I'm working on a design to either replace the side mirror with 7 inch lcds that are fed from blindspot proof mounted cameras or bring the left and right displays into a spot right in front of the normal driving position on top of the gauges on the left and right of the hump.I mounted a rear camera to use to convert the rear view mirror to a 7 inch lcd also so I can eliminate the mirror hanging on the windshield, I want that 7 inch lcd to sit in the middle of the other 2 inside if I don't mount the 7 inch lcds inside the factory side mirror housing, it's so easy to send the wiring to the side mirrors to do it which is making me have to try to to decide between having the displays inside or outside.
I plan to have a Raspberry Pi Banana (just because it's the 8core tinypc I have in hand now) acting like a server for my car for everything from entertainment to odb port interfacing. I don't know how far into customizing your new LS you're going ;but if you're into digitizing every possible analog system we can in our cars I have over 20 years experience as a computer and electronics technician by trade under my belt and I'm happy to help for the sake of helping.

Today I wrote my LS off. :(
I hope it isn't a write off out of all the cars I've owned (and I've had some really nice rides) the LS has been my absolute favorite, especially after getting to feel the difference the new parts I've replaced made.

Message_1543360126743[1].jpg

It just happened yesterday, they haven't given me anything yet.
They haven't even for sure told me it's written off I'm just assuming because at around $3500 they usually write anything over 5 years old off.
Up here in Canada anyways it can take awhile before getting paid, I know places in the US have same day payouts from insurance ;but in British Columbia we have 1 insurance company running everything.

Oh did not realize it was so recent. Yea essentially any halfway substantial wreck to any LS today will total it. The car is so low valued coupled with scarcity in replacement parts.

Yours also looks like a gen1, which is even less valuable. It is always interesting to see what insurance is cutting people for their trashed LSes these days. We should have a sticky that is dedicated to LSes and their worth when sold/wrecked.

I'll keep everyone posted on what they pay me, I have over 4 grand in receipts that's very recently spent so I'm hoping they do something as far as that goes ;but I'm not holding my breathe. I've already been looking for a replacement LS, thankfully it's pretty easy to find them for under 2 grand around here.

I'll keep everyone posted on what they pay me, I have over 4 grand in receipts that's very recently spent so I'm hoping they do something as far as that goes ;but I'm not holding my breathe. I've already been looking for a replacement LS, thankfully it's pretty easy to find them for under 2 grand around here.
It’s oddly addictive when you drive the Lincoln LS it’s a car like no other and I feel your loss and it’s strange that us LS owners talk like one of our old friends have passed away but they truly grow on you in a strange way that’s unexplainable.....BUT ON THE SUNNY SIDE!!!! YOU GET TO GO SHOPPING FOR A NEW LS!!! Good luck in the search brother....

Today, I was suddenly endowed with all the right search terms to find others' experiences regarding SCT tunes bricking the car while trying to flash a new tune. Let's see how well their Support pulls through during emergency hours tomorrow morning...................

Oh boy, just put in a new coolant bottle, 208k miles 01V6, but got no heat. hmmm, checked and found no pressure in the bottle by removing the cap....ok, I know air is getting in but where? First place to look, the hose from the throttle body to the top of the upper hose connector, sure enough the little connector had broken off and crumbled. This was my second upper hose. So i decided to fix it myself with some 3/16 OD aluminum pipe (LOWES) and JB Water Weld, a few inches of hose 3/16 ID x 5/16 OD. Fitted the aluminum pipe in the remaining hole on the upper radiator hose with JB WELD, covered with hose and JB WELD. JB WELD is rock solid, 900 psi and heat up to 300F. Should work, I'll let you know.

repair worked well so far, really solid weld putty, no leaks, hard as nails. I tied off the hose just so it would not wobble around. But no heat still. checked hoses going into cabin, only luke warm, ok so most likely the DCCV. Disconnected at the upper connector and checked continuity, both sides of coil ok at 16 ohm resistance, so they must be stuck with grit, I connect a 12v power supply and apply voltage one at a time to the coils, yep no response, the pistons are stuck in the piston sleeves. I start hitting the voltage over and over, finally they start clicking. Then take a long metal rod and start tapping the tops of the DCCV coils housing rapidly to free the grit inside them. Check the pipes going to the heater core, now hot! Heat in the car! Finish heater bleed and done.

Got the new tips welded to the mufflers. I think they look amazing. Hoping to get the exhaust done in a week or two. Depending on Christmas funds.

858792DB-173D-445D-8BFA-C2732BE13BBD.jpeg

214DAFC3-2654-477A-A76B-5C82157DBF87.jpeg

C58D6AAA-472B-4BFD-8C8E-FE1B7D403151.jpeg

Ah crap, the DCCV not working right, so installed new one today. Heat much better but seems I have an issue with bleeding and air in the system. Anyone have the procedure for bleeding the 01 V6?

Had the LS serviced today for coolant leak between the thermostat housing block side and the pipe that connects below the intake manifold. They removed the intake manifold and replaced all gaskets, thermostat housing, tube assembly and the belt, which was soaked in coolant - no more leaks.

I also had an issue where occasionally, during initial engine starts in below freezing weather, just after the engine started there was a momentary grind and then a loud snap noise. I found TSB 08-16-5 that described the issue and the fix - the idler pulley was replaced.

Members online

Back