Fuse #9 circuit (interior fuse panel) 1994 Mark VIII

Danny351C

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know...

Interior Fuse #9 calls for a 10 amp. Says it's for Transmission Control Switch, Autolight Sensor, Electrochromic Mirrors.

Short back story. I went to the car wash. and sprayed it down. It was heavily soiled around the front. The next night, I noticed both low beam headlamps would not come on. Parking lamps and the high beams still worked. I checked and both low beams lamps had actually exploded. I replaced with new ones and they worked again. Good. I noticed that the Autolamp didnt work and mirrors would not darken anymore. I found that it was fuse number 9 had blown. Popped a new one in and good to go. All is fine and working with no issues. I had the autolamp turned on, and the water got in the headlamp assemblies must have that caused the problem. Been fine since.

Fuse 9 also has something to do with the transmission control switch. My question is what exactly does that do for the transmission?, because I had drove the car around enough but did not notice anything different driving, shifting or otherwise.

Thanks,

Danny

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back