For Sale LS: Gen 2 fan controller for Gen 1 cars

oddball

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Now available.

20130623_180906.jpg

Install thread:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...er-for-Gen-1-cars&p=2037303414#post2037303414

Procurement options:
Current LVC price: $60 + $5 s&h gets you a controller in a box with connectors and pigtails - also including corresponding male/female weather pack connectors and pigtails (did not have them sitting there for that picture....). Note that the second board in the picture is just for reference.
All assembled units are tested and calibrated on my car prior to shipment.
20130623_181306.jpg

I can also sell a bare board for $15 + $1 s&h. Component sets are available from Mouser:
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=914a02bece
NOTE: Weather Pack connectors require a unique crimper. If you do not have access to one, then either get pre-made pigtails at a auto parts store or use some other type of connector.

Lead times vary, please PM for current stock. You can also email me directly at oddball at oddworld.org

Thanks,
Jason

Current quantity on hand: one assembled unit, 6 assembled boards (shortage of boxes), 0 bare PCBs

Nice! I have no plans on changing the fan ever. But this could help those that do. Just an idea for you:

Kits/plugs for switchback lights for the front and rear blinkers. I would definitely by those!

I was wondering if you had one assembled and ready to be shipping, I recently bought a 2000 ls v8 and found that someone has put in a electronic fan and poorly installed it so i think one of these would help me out tia

I have several boards on hand, but no boxes. Radio Shack isn't stocking them anymore. Will check Fry's to see if something there would work.

Still have several boards ready to go. Just ordered some enclosures from Radio Shack.

All sold out! Total production run was about 9 units. More can be made with about a 4 week lead time to account for the PCB.

No, haven't had any since that last post. The Engineering thread has all the details on how to build one, and I email the Eagle layout files to anyone interested in getting a PCB made. Not that a custom-sized PCB for a Radio Shack enclosure is all that useful these days........

No, haven't had any since that last post. The Engineering thread has all the details on how to build one, and I email the Eagle layout files to anyone interested in getting a PCB made. Not that a custom-sized PCB for a Radio Shack enclosure is all that useful these days........
Thanks for your response, will this trigger the fan for the a/c too?

The PCM controls the fan variable speed from 0% to 100% depending on a number of factors - A/C, engine temp, speed, ambient temp, etc. It's not a two speed fan or something basic like most systems.
The box just converts the Gen 1 PCM signal (which controls a hydraulic solenoid) to a Gen 2 PCM signal (which feeds a PWM signal to a speed controller embedded in the fan).

Apologize in advance if you've already answered this but after I buy a controller from you can I remove the old hydraulic fan (&replace serp belt)and order a stock second gen fan? I was looking at the generic setups Summit sells this morning but looks like they have a lot of problems.

That is, quite literally, the entire point of this device.
Also, I sold the last one a few weeks ago so I do not have any on hand right now.

One unit sold!
One complete unit ready to go: $70 shipped.
One unit complete, but no box. Will sell as-is $65 (choose your own enclosure!).

Members online

No members online now.
Back