Hello LVC from Kentucky

Karg74

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All!! :cool: I'm from Western Kentucky area and this is my first Lincoln vehicle - 2004 Lincoln Ls 3.9L purchased 03/2016.
Have always loved the look of these cars when they first came out.
Finally a v8 that was still sharp and sporty but had the luxury to be comfortable when going on vacation.
I came across the LVC site after having uncommon and weird issues of my car not starting last year and after googling it, found the "correct" answer on this site and have been a fan ever since.
Love the fact that everyone here isn't so quick to downgrading and bad mouthing this car like allot of other sites. Also got introduced to the facebook groups that is also really helpful but I wasn't aware of from this site.
I agree it's not a car you can just toss parts at without the proper troubleshooting, because some problems make you think it's one thing when in fact it's something totally different (such as overflow reservoir when overheating first began) but that's why I'm glad i was introduced to this site from the get go of owning mine.
I replaced all (or the most troublesome parts)at one time using OEM parts ONLY. So unlike others, I didn't have to spend months and months of replacing parts and week later, replace something else til I'm broke, still overheating, and falling in a hole of believing that these cars are junk. But thanks to LVC I was able to replace the parts right off the bat AND bleed the coolant system PROPERLY and have been fine since. :)
I never figured I'd get chance to buy one with decent price tag but still looked and ran good until mine. Not many LSs around here anymore yet millions of MKZs.:(
I fell in love when these models were first introduced but became a real Lincoln LS Lover soon as I found and test drove mine. This site totally helps totally helps in remaining that true LS fan.

Hi and welcome to LVC!

The LS is an amazing car, wish they kept making them. You'll have a lot of fun with yours. As you can see there are a lot of very smart intelligent members on this site. You'll continue to have great troubleshooting success with certain symptoms. There are many meet and greets in the regions section of LVC. There are a lot of LS meets too. :cool: RollinLS has a fantastic restoration thread on his LS8. Did not spare any detail by any means.

If you haven't already, look into becoming an LCOC Lincoln and Continental Owners Club member. They have a magazine every month, good deals on certain hard to find parts, national and local regional car meets and such. Best of all you get Ford X-Plan discount on any new Ford or new Lincoln whether you buy or lease. The more popular the model the more you save. Wanted to pass this info too you. We know have a LCOC member on LVC!! its great! His name is Jim Ayres, has a great collection of Lincolns too. :)

Hi All!! :cool: I'm from Western Kentucky area and this is my first Lincoln vehicle - 2004 Lincoln Ls 3.9L purchased 03/2016.
Have always loved the look of these cars when they first came out.
Finally a v8 that was still sharp and sporty but had the luxury to be comfortable when going on vacation.
I came across the LVC site after having uncommon and weird issues of my car not starting last year and after googling it, found the "correct" answer on this site and have been a fan ever since.
Love the fact that everyone here isn't so quick to downgrading and bad mouthing this car like allot of other sites. Also got introduced to the facebook groups that is also really helpful but I wasn't aware of from this site.
I agree it's not a car you can just toss parts at without the proper troubleshooting, because some problems make you think it's one thing when in fact it's something totally different (such as overflow reservoir when overheating first began) but that's why I'm glad i was introduced to this site from the get go of owning mine.
I replaced all (or the most troublesome parts)at one time using OEM parts ONLY. So unlike others, I didn't have to spend months and months of replacing parts and week later, replace something else til I'm broke, still overheating, and falling in a hole of believing that these cars are junk. But thanks to LVC I was able to replace the parts right off the bat AND bleed the coolant system PROPERLY and have been fine since. :)
I never figured I'd get chance to buy one with decent price tag but still looked and ran good until mine. Not many LSs around here anymore yet millions of MKZs.:(
I fell in love when these models were first introduced but became a real Lincoln LS Lover soon as I found and test drove mine. This site totally helps totally helps in remaining that true LS fan.
Thanks for sharing your history ...it's amazing how you fall in love with these cars after driving it down the road and feeling how a well built car handles properly...I truly admire how Lincoln/Jaguar Team took the time to make such a smooth handling car...

Members online

Back