3.9L Bearings

Erdco

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I was reading over this thread " So far: 4.0L Jaguar S-Type bearings = 3.9L Lincoln LS bearings " and and am hoping someone can say if this holds true for the 2005 model 3.9L?

I just picked up a 2005 LS Sport in really good shape, except... it has a slight rod knock.

I pulled the front pan and it's got allot of aluminum shavings in it.

Since this is a weird engine and I can't just put new rod caps in from the bottom and have to pull the whole engine, plus finding " Unicorn " parts for it has me on the fence.

Also, can this thing be pulled from the top or do you have to drop it out?

Edit: After more reading I will be pulling it out from the bottom.

Still wondering about those bearings though, I have contacted terrysjag.com about them.

Last edited:
That's a link to a thread with that title. Check out that thread.

tl;dr: it's much easier to come out the bottom but not totally impossible to come out the top. The F-body guys accepted coming out the bottom a long time ago and have plenty of pictures of the general process.

Cool, thanks oddball and 112LS.

I did some more searching and found a post from 2015 that cleared up a removal few questions.

Does anyone have any tips on the bearings?

I did get an email back from one parts place, they said the bearings are color coded, since I don't have it out and apart yet I can't answer them.

I've been down with a sinus infection or I would at least be closer to having it pulled, I don't want to buy any parts till I get it out and disassembled to be sure what I have to work with.

Members online

No members online now.
Back