Please help no power, among other issues.

tank

LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 04 ls v8 sport with a hard running issue it starts and runs no problem but is in ETC failsafe mode; No power from the throttle at all in any gear. It starts off high around 2k then kicks down 500rpm till it settles around 750. Ran the CEL got 12 codes
P0102,p0108,p0113,p0122,p0223,p0406,p2100,p2104,p2107,p2110,2111,p2112,p0122,p0223, and p20104. It runs rough, the throttle body revs when pushed psychically(well kind of it will rev but slowly then cut off by the engine or pcm.i also have pictures of the TB), otherwise when usin the pedal it does literally nothing. I also did a swap of the coils from cylinders 1&4 as a shot at it being a coil problem. Also it runs a little smoother with the throttle position sensor unplugged. Sorry for the rant.

81B9CAEB-711C-4431-A924-CEA3D17D096C.jpeg

AA729F9E-A078-4E6A-B7C6-59E74D9663A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Also it would appear there is a leak I’m not sure if it is a rip in the weather stripping that leaks by the door or the hole in the stripping around the windshield, or if the sunroof is clogged. Then there is the lack of ac or heat ‍♂️And a leak I assume it the secondary pump but I’m not sure.

Wow, that looks terrible. You need to find and fix the coolant leaks first. I would not be surprised if the throttle body actually has failed.
You have a problem with the MAF or the wiring to it.
You have a problem with the EGR assembly or the wiring or the vacuum tubing to it.
You have problems with the TPS and the throttle body.

I'm guessing it's corroded parts and wiring.

I figured it could all be bad, for some reason or another the car had been sitting at a dealership for 3 years.

Yes, I found it odd too when I went to see it from the outside the car is clean the engine is rough as you can see in the pic but it has 120k on the clock and I got it for $200. For now I’m about to buy a maf, throttle body, cops, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and a cabin filter. Then figure out if I need a diverter valve or a secondary pump because I can’t get heat or ac.

I know right I found it on Craigslist and said if it has an engine tranny and decent body I’ll take it no matter the problem. By the looks of it I’ll be a grand or so in it but that’s still cheaper than a well put together example with similar mileage.

Well I got a new throttlebody in yesterday finally a few moments between the torrential downpours out
Here to throw it on. Wouldn’t you know it I now have throttle response, now to get this idle together I need to take it around the corner to run the codes. I’ll post my finding I bought some coils and plus anyway but after much research think I’ll keep the coils for a rainy day and save up for motorcraft ones.

Well a week or so of mini trips and now I’ve got a coolant leak and a bad ball joints(3 years of inactivity I’m surprised they held up to any driving). Side lined until I get paid.

I hope the FIRST thing you did is change the oil and filter. Coolant leaks starting to pop up now? There goes a grand for a full system rebuild. And do yourself a favor when it comes to the cooling system... buy only Motorcraft parts.

Members online

Back