How to replace antifreeze in Lincoln MARK VIII?

Alexander B. Sonin

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello.
How to completely replace antifreeze in Lincoln MARK VIII?
Alexander
Lincoln MARK VIII 98 Collector’s Edition #979

Hello.
How to completely replace antifreeze in Lincoln MARK VIII?
Alexander
Lincoln MARK VIII 98 Collector’s Edition #979

I had done this procedure on my Continental. It's the same procedure you have to follow. Here is the thread on it. Make sure what ever you take out, place in an old gallon container with the measurement, then fill the car back up with what you had replaced. You always burp the system through the coolant cross over cap. The cap gets seized so your going to have to get a portable torch to heat it up and slowly un-screw it with a 1/4 drive ratchet. Go slow then crank it more and more (the cap). There is a new aftermarket coolant bypass tube cap that one of the members of LVC makes. It should be in my Coolant change thread. I'll post my thread procedure up for you to get an idea of what you have to do. **Remember you fill the cooling system up using the coolant crossover not the recovery tank.**

https://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/f...n-continental-coolant-change-procedure.99425/

Hope this helps you out!! Good Luck!

Thats the only thing that I do not know about. If you look for bolts with a thread that have a square insert I believe those are the drains for the block. A lot of people don't really bother draining the block. If you can change the coolant twice you'll be good to go. It will flush out the entire block by doing a fill and drain two times. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Thats the only thing that I do not know about. If you look for bolts with a thread that have a square insert I believe those are the drains for the block. A lot of people don't really bother draining the block. If you can change the coolant twice you'll be good to go. It will flush out the entire block by doing a fill and drain two times. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

No problems,
Lincoln recommends replacing antifreeze every five years, this is 16 quarters!

System can be drained, there are 2 draining plugs on both sides. But they are covered by engine mounts, and can be reached only removing them (and the front crossmember of corse), so it's not an easy way.

System can be drained, there are 2 draining plugs on both sides. But they are covered by engine mounts, and can be reached only removing them (and the front crossmember of corse), so it's not an easy way.
OOOOO..... Thanks!!! Спасибо!!!!

Just pop a frost plug. That will get rid of most of the block coolant. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back