Wheel identity?

gharger

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My 95 Mk VIII has factory looking chrome 9 vane non directional wheels that have center caps that attach with a screw. Star logo in the center. Anyone recognize this wheel? My center caps are getting sketchy.

IMG_0018.JPG

Wow, that is cool looking. I remember when these cars were brand new, never saw a wheel like this before. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was a dealer package that was put together to get more attention for the dealership. They would do this to attract people with more money. Think of the F-150, F-250 FTX package. It's all about high mark up.

I think the wheels on your Mark look good.

Those are not factory. If they are, they will have a Ford logo on back with a part number.

Wow, that is cool looking. I remember when these cars were brand new, never saw a wheel like this before. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was a dealer package that was put together to get more attention for the dealership. They would do this to attract people with more money. Think of the F-150, F-250 FTX package. It's all about high mark up.

I think the wheels on your Mark look good.

Thanks. I bought the car from a rescue mission. It was bought new by an elderly woman, sustained passenger door damage and she quit driving it. It still has under 40k miles on it. Lots of old age gremlins though... and the wheels are a mystery.

Stumbled on this as I was looking at wheels for my LS. Unity is right, and likely would have the Ford part number for reorder as well (of course would be discontinued).

What the looks like to me is an after market dealer swap for more money, and the Lincoln Emblem was glued atop the center cap. This *might* be debunkable, if you took the cap off and find rivets going through and attaching it. Either form, plastic or metal, factory would have used a riveting attachment (plastic is melt rivet, metal may even be a bolt/screw).

Hehe I know dealer mockups. My 2001 LSC is full of em. :)

Stumbled on this as I was looking at wheels for my LS. Unity is right, and likely would have the Ford part number for reorder as well (of course would be discontinued).

What the looks like to me is an after market dealer swap for more money, and the Lincoln Emblem was glued atop the center cap. This *might* be debunkable, if you took the cap off and find rivets going through and attaching it. Either form, plastic or metal, factory would have used a riveting attachment (plastic is melt rivet, metal may even be a bolt/screw).

Hehe I know dealer mockups. My 2001 LSC is full of em. :)

Thanks. I'll be servicing the car tomorrow and will look for wheel "clues".

My 95 Mk VIII has factory looking chrome 9 vane non directional wheels that have center caps that attach with a screw. Star logo in the center. Anyone recognize this wheel? My center caps are getting sketchy.

View attachment 828570303
No, they are not the real deal as marks have 10 spoke either in chrome or alum finish. Go spend time on the I net as there is 100's of after market caps.

Not MK VIII wheels. Google any #'s you can find inside the wheel. Might get lucky and find out who made them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back