Hello from Iowa

Uncle Sherm

LVC Member
Reaction score
It is hard to find a good V8 RWD coupe anymore that isn't a Mustang, Camaro, or some other sports car. I was looking for something older and more practical for daily driving, such as an old Mercury Cougar or Thunderbird, when I found a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC last spring.

It is in beautiful condition considering the 153k miles on the odometer, and hasn't given me any problems in the 3 months I've had it. I got it fully loaded with the (no longer working) factory 10 disc CD Changer and heated seats, but I plan on investing some time and money into a new sound system and boosting engine performance. I'm hoping this board can give me some ideas and help along the way.

Hi and welcome to LVC! You'll love it here. A lot of knowledgeable people to help you out at a moments notice.

Great looking Mark VIII, keep it pristine. Best part its very clean and its an LSC!

I wanted to pass on this information about LCOC Lincoln and Continental Owners Club. Its a gathering of Lincoln enthusiasts from all model years. It is $48.00 a yr, you get a monthly magazine, meet and greets all over, a great deal on advertising, best of all you get Ford X-Plan discount on any new Ford or Lincoln whether you buy or lease. The more popular the model the more you save! Some members have savings of $700.00 to $7,000.00 Keep this in mind for down the road.

Temple Performance, and Super Coupe Performance have restoration parts for Mark VIII, T-Bird, and Cougar.

Good Luck with your Mark. Happy cruising.

Welcome from another newbie (an ex-Iowegian), also with our 1st Mark VIII.
It sounds like you got a nice 97 LSC......enjoy
Ron

Members online

No members online now.
Back