2001 Lincoln LS Transmission Flush Question

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What will I need to put fluid into the transmission? I know I will need some kind of pump obviously to put it in but what do you guys recommend? Are there any special connectors? Can anyone give me a list of what I will need to do the fluid change? I am changing out my valve body and solenoid pack and wanted to go ahead and do the flush just wanted to do it correct.

Transmission fill adapter. Available through Advance or O'Reillys, (plus others).

Part # OTC6604

+

Airtex E8016 electric fuel pump
wire and alligator clips
6ft of clear vinyl tubing, (3/8" if I remember right... might be 5/16")

Or you can do it the hard way... and hand pump 10 or so quarts in.

Plan on getting a new drain plug and gasket,,, because the fill tube plug in the drain plug is usually froze... and the allen hex strips out. The drain plug assembly is reasonable from the dealer,,, but the gasket for the plug is sold separately for some reason.

Transmission fill adapter. Available through Advance or O'Reillys, (plus others).

Part # OTC6604

+

Airtex E8016 electric fuel pump
wire and alligator clips
6ft of clear vinyl tubing, (3/8" if I remember right... might be 5/16")

Or you can do it the hard way... and hand pump 10 or so quarts in.

Plan on getting a new drain plug and gasket,,, because the fill tube plug in the drain plug is usually froze... and the allen hex strips out. The drain plug assembly is reasonable from the dealer,,, but the gasket for the plug is sold separately for some reason.

Thanks bro do you know which gasket I might need so far I have ordered the Valve Body and Solenoid,
12 qts of Motorcraft Mercon V, Valve Body Cover Gasket XW4Z-7H173-AA, Upper and Lower Gaskets for the valve body, ATP B-271 Automatic Transmission Filter Kit (came with pan gasket) Ford Motorcraft NLA56811B HP Drain Plug (Fluid Level Plug) (1.850") 5R55N,Ford 2W4Z-7B155-G FT-185. And Ordered a Hand Pump since I am on a budget. Just wanted to make sure I am right on what all I ordered and did not miss anything. If I do it the hard way will I still need Part # OTC6604

Last edited:
The gasket I mentioned was for the drain plug assembly. Dealer price for the drain plug assembly is around $15 last I knew. The gasket for the drain plug is another couple dollars.

The gasket I mentioned was for the drain plug assembly. Dealer price for the drain plug assembly is around $15 last I knew. The gasket for the drain plug is another couple dollars.
Can you please let me know the part numbers?

Last edited:

Members online

Back