A/C just stopped working

LS-jsf

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently had it charged up and it was working fine and yesterday had the a/c on and went to adjust the fan speed and it just stopped working. I can hear the unit turn on/off under the hood as I turn it on/off in the car. It just does nothing, could that still be a fuse if the unit is engaging as it should? Thanks for any help.

clear out your glove box, drop the door and gaze at the burnt connector at the blower motor...Ive had 2 marks and worked on another three for friends, they all are going to do this sooner or later in my experience. You can get the connector at the dealer, splice it in and should be good to go for a couple more years/decades.

Thanks Mike, I'll check that out.

clear out your glove box, drop the door and gaze at the burnt connector at the blower motor...Ive had 2 marks and worked on another three for friends, they all are going to do this sooner or later in my experience. You can get the connector at the dealer, splice it in and should be good to go for a couple more years/decades.

Before I checked for the possible burnt connector, I called my mechanic and he told me that when they charged the system up a few months ago that at first they thought the a/c wasn't working at all. He gave it one tap under the passenger side dash and it started working and had until this past Friday. He told me to turn it on and give it a little whack, sure enough it started working after one tap. So I'm assuming that the blower motor must be on the way out? Anything else this might be? Again, thanks for any input.

It appears the OEM connector is no longer available if it is part #F3LY*18C629*A- Does anyone know of a good after market one? (part number)

probably have to start hitting junkyards for yet another part for these things...I have a 96 so I've been haunting local yards for the past 10 years grabbing parts (VCRM's, IMRC's, ECM's, those goofy air ride relays-if you have a 96 you know the drill)- Now have to add that harness...sucks getting old.

I'd have to think that you could probably make one if you took the old one out and went to a decent electrical supply, maybe? Gotta have air/heat, right? I think I saw a Mark in a junkyard I was in last Friday, it was kinda picked out but I'll check it out maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll let you know.

Thought I would update this thread. I ended up just replacing the blower motor, everything else seemed fine. It's blowing nice and cold, even in this 110-115 degree Vegas heat.

Members online

Back