'03 LS window question

03LinLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have done some research on this but I am at a concert waiting for it to start so I'm just going to post my question...

My driver's side window will go down beautifully. Going up is a different story. It will sometimes go up (one touch automatically) fine but most of the time, the one touch doesn't work. It will either go up 5" and then come right back down or I have to hold it and release it many times until it goes up. I did have a new regulator installed so I don't think it's the clips. Ford lubed the channels with a silicone spray and that helped it for awhile. Could the switch be bad even though it works fine going down? I'm ready to try anything!

Thanks for your time.

It's not the switch. The smart motor stops if the current goes too high (broken clip, dirty channel, ...), or if it thinks it's past the top of the window travel.

Did they correctly index the motor to the regulator? This isn't in the manual, so if they aren't experienced with the car, they might not have. (If it worked fine for a while after they put it in, then it's not this.)
Did you try re-initializing the smart motor. It's in your owner's manual and posted on here.

(My bet is broken clip, newish or not.)

Thank you. It's funny, last night the window worked successfully 5 times in a row. Today, it will probably fail 5 times in a row. Yes, I have re-initialized the motor. I don't know if it was ever indexed or not.

Members online

Back