98 Lincoln Mark VIII Brake Proportioning Valve

I know this is a five-year-old post but I was hoping you could help me with some information. I have a 93 Mark 8 with a leak at the proportioning valve, I mistakenly thought I could remove the inner fender to gain access to the old proportioning valve and found that was not the case, before I remove the engine to gain access, are there any suggestions you could give me to replacing the port portioning valve on a Mark 8?

I know this is a five-year-old post but I was hoping you could help me with some information. I have a 93 Mark 8 with a leak at the proportioning valve, I mistakenly thought I could remove the inner fender to gain access to the old proportioning valve and found that was not the case, before I remove the engine to gain access, are there any suggestions you could give me to replacing the port portioning valve on a Mark 8?
Is the problem one of so little room you have to move the mill out to fix the brakes?

Yup it's buried, I'm going to try lowering the engine and trans without unhooking and disconnecting everything, I have it on stands and hopefully when I unbolt the K-member and upper suspension, I'll be able lower it enough to get access !

Members online

Back