Fix air suspension or install coils

If I worried younger healthier and wealthier I probably would have spent the money to fix of my Mark 8's air suspension, but since I am none of the above I was going for least expensive one-time fix to make the car ride comfortably. Hopefully with good maintenance this will be my last car!

O.K I have ordered the compressor and bags from Arnott. Comes with life guarantee to me only. Not likely to nip pic . Toss up as to how I'll buy front struts. One guy has almost new ford strut. Autozone is most reliable for adjustments and I can deal locally with Autozone. Big advantage. Lots of others too , many look like "back alley" sales stores

If I worried younger healthier and wealthier I probably would have spent the money to fix of my Mark 8's air suspension, but since I am none of the above I was going for least expensive one-time fix to make the car ride comfortably. Hopefully with good maintenance this will be my last car!
Do you have old air parts lying around now?

I have the 3 ride height sensors, the 4 fill/vent solenoids and the 2 dampening actuators off the rear shocks, the rear air bags leaked and the front struts shot. I don't think I'm going to remove any other parts.

I'm sure these parts are all good, the air ride seemed to work correctly, the car just rode like an old one ton truck

I'm sure these parts are all good, the air ride seemed to work correctly, the car just rode like an old one ton truck. Mine did too. F 150 rode softer. I decided to buy the sruts from auto zone with a life time guarantee and a local auto zone to handle the defective strut if it becomes a leaker. Much safer to deal local and autozone will back it up without nit picking the return.

I'm sure these parts are all good, the air ride seemed to work correctly, the car just rode like an old one ton truck
Can you show me what the top of new shock mounts are like? I have new 96 t bird shocks just came today.

Are you under 70 or over?, I am over

It took me about an hour to to do the modifications it shows in the video, using the Thunderbird shocks was a little over $100 cheaper then buying the shocks strut Master offers

The top mount was the easy part I used a 4-inch angle grinder to remove the Rubber and bushing from the mount then just used the bushings and cups that came with the new shocks, removing the bushing from the bottom of the new shock was kind of tricky I used a bench vise and a couple of sockets as a press to get them out

I fortunately have access to a fairly complete shop to do the work in, I don't know if it's something you would want to do in your garage

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back