Stock radoi question

MrScalia

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Are gen 2 stock radios direct fit for 2001 I've got a 6cd ...I'm hoping to keep it stock but I normally have music from my cell .
Thanks
It's that's or FM tranmtransm them suck

No, the connectors and some of the signaling changed.
(Physically they will fit, but will be the wrong color. Electrically, with a lot of splicing and some junkyard connectors, you can make most of them work, with the possible exceptions of the button back lighting, the display dimming at night, and the RAP- radio on till door opened, and the speed sensitive volume)

There is another option - Aftermarket touchscreens. They can look enough like stock to fool many.

I'm hoping this would just work like how I took out 2000 town car cassette player and put in a town car CD player

Screenshot_20180404-101547.png

Ya , if I could technically keep it stock I would be happier . But of it's all not all riced out looking I could do aftermarket

No, the connectors and some of the signaling changed.
(Physically they will fit, but will be the wrong color. Electrically, with a lot of splicing and some junkyard connectors, you can make most of them work, with the possible exceptions of the button back lighting, the display dimming at night, and the RAP- radio on till door opened, and the speed sensitive volume)

There is another option - Aftermarket touchscreens. They can look enough like stock to fool many.

Please search the threads on this. It's completely impractical to add THX nav to a non-nav 2nd gen LS. It's even more unlikely on a first gen.
BTW, besides some large wiring harnesses (that you'll have to hack together to work on your 1st gen), you'll also need at least, the DVD "brain" unit in the trunk, the four channel amp in the trunk, a sub amp and subs (if you don't already have that), the GPS antenna, the rear view mirror (microphone for voice commands), and new steering wheel buttons. You'd also want the THX door speakers. I think I'm leaving a few things out, look for the threads. Way, way, way easier to go aftermarket.

Truly thanks for your fisrt input ,
Along the 2nd I looked that photo up sitting at the DMV after reading your first post .

Furthermore my photo Avatar
Is the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
So the 2nd let's me ask wtf I want
I guess 10 years latter and The LS side of this place still A holes

I'm sorry. Do you somehow believe that I have been rude or hostile to you? I am simply presenting the facts. If you need someone to sugar coat them for you, or to never suggest that you help yourself by searching for the same things that I could search for you, then that someone is not me. Please put me on your ignore list.

Whoa kid, pump the brakes.

Furthermore, no one gives a flying fukc what your avatar is (and if you have to explain it to people, it probably wasn't that great in the first place...)

Second, just because you have the right to say just about anything you want to, that doesn't mean that you need to say anything and show off how big of a d!ck you can be. Remember, you also have the right to just remain silent.

I guess 10 years latter and The LS side of this place still A holes
Clearly. Of the A Holes they have kicked out and the A Holes they haven't kicked out yet, you would seem to fall into the latter.

Lastly, (this is more directed toward everybody else and not necessarily toward yourself) dont you love when somebody post that they did XYZ to car A and expect it should be the same for for car B?

no correlation.png

Members online

No members online now.
Back