Sway Bar Bushings -- 00 LS V6 Non Sport

Gomennasai

New LVC Member
Reaction score
... so I've looked at about a dozen threads and have found a lot of conflicting answers.

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS non-Sport ( 16in Wheels ) 3.0L.

Lincoln says they replaced the 2000s with a 2003 sway bar for $150 which I'm not going to swap into, so I need some info on which bushings to order. Unless people recommend swapping to the new bar is worth it?

Energy Suspensions suggest 28.5 or 30 mm, but some people on this site have said you need to use 27 mm.

... and you would determine which ones are recommended how? I must have missed that in my OM, and the dealer has no clue which ones came with it -- and as I previously stated others on the forum have given multiple mixed answers. No one on here has had to replace their Non Sport 2000 - 2002 Lincoln LS front Sway Bar Bushings before? ... or swapped up to the newer 2003 - 2006 Sway Bar?

get a set of calipers, they can be had for $10.

measure the diameter of your bar

order that size bushing.

I did mine not too long ago, measured with a caliper and ordered new bushings. Bought the 30's but I checked with a cheap caliper, the bar was not exact 30, more like 29mm. Anyway got the energy suspension black. Remove nuts on end links to allow bar to move easily for installation. Cut off old bushing, slip on new bushings (the bushings are split so they slide around bar) , put on braces, tighten down, and all done. $20

your end links are probably shot. So replace them too. get some cheap ones on ebay or O'reilly auto has cheap ones.

ENERGY SUSPENSION - SWAY BAR BUSHINGS SET
# 9.5169 - 1-1/16" (27.0 mm)
# 9.5170 - 1-1/8" (28.5 mm)
# 9.5171 - 1-3/16" (30.0 mm)

I found a customer returned set @ Amazon warehouse deals for $5.19

FYI: the ES bushings and brackets are too narrow and will slide end to end.
there is another solution for the GEN 1 using the OEM brackets and obtaining the Jaguar Rein #XR819697 bushings from FCparts.

Originally discovered and resolved by member: hite337

Stabilizer bushings...some people swear by the ES bushings but I dont like them. The stabilizer bar slides side to side because they arent as wide as OEM bushings.
If the stabilzer bar has the removeable brackets (not the newer version that you have to cut off the brackets) then use Rein #XR819697 from FCPparts.
Its for a Jaguar but fits the LS with the 30mm stabilizer bar. It is the same size as the OEM and fits perfectly if you re-use the factory bushing brackets.

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/jaguar-suspension-stabilizer-bar-mount-xr819697

Sand blasted, primed and painted the old stock front sway bar bushing brackets.
Ordering the Jaguar Sway Bar Mount - Rein XR819697 30mm bushings
from FCPeuro and swapping out the Energy Suspension bushings at a later time.

attachment.jpg

Thanks Hite!

Ugh, sorry - only just realized now the OP is looking for bushings for the V6 GEN I Non-Sport.

above I posted a solution for a V8 GEN I Sport ... which is not the same diameter ... my bad!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=V6+sway+bar+bushings+site:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/

Also;

Do any members have the part number/definite size for a 2001 standard LS (non-sport)sway bar bushings? I've done a search and after looking back to '06 posts I failed to find it listed.

I've replaced the lower ball joints and one control arm, next are these noisy little monsters.

s.

According to some reading and research me and a friend did, the size for the non sport models is 27mm. See the attached link. http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.5162

ever since my suspension was serviced i've been hearing an annoying little noise that sounds like an old creaking door or a wooden floor. i've been looking to get this done and i need to know which bushings to buy .

so would the sway bar bushings in this link be compatible with a {2000} V6 Non-Sport Lincoln Ls}??

thanx in advanced lvc...

Yes that bushing should work because the non sport models have a smaller sway bar than the sport models.

I changed over my front Spindles this weekend, so got a chance to measure the Sway Bar at 1 inch and 1/16th. For other folks reference I would say it's safe to go with 27mm Bushings. I will be changing them next week, so will let you know how that goes.

Rehashing an old thread here. Have a 2000 V6 auto that needs front sway bar bushings. I measured the bar as 29mm. What the heck should I buy?

Rehashing an old thread here. Have a 2000 V6 auto that needs front sway bar bushings. I measured the bar as 29mm. What the heck should I buy?
I would say measure them again, with calipers, not at the tips or bends, because I don't think 29mm is not one of the options...

Have a look at this: Sway bar bushings- sport or non-sport

If still confused, go to ETIS and check what kind of suspension you have, which would guarantee your measurement. "Special" is sport, which is 30mm. Regular suspension has a thinner bar, but I can't remember which one exactly, so won't post that to confuse others. But if you do indeed have a 30mm, go for URO/Rein XR819697 (2006 LINCOLN LS 3.9L V8 Stabilizer Bar Bushing | RockAuto - 2x$6 OR https://www.amazon.com/URO-Parts-XR819697-Front-Bushing/dp/B0066T7I1I). YOU WILL NEED 2 (they're packaged/sold individually). I can confirm both the inner diameter fit of these bushings for a 30mm bar as well as that they come in packs of 1. They're actually a bit "tighter" but the torqued bracket will make them fit around the bar nice and snug.

You have a 1st gen (year 2000), so your bushings are actually replaceable - 2nd generation is a bit of a problem.

Members online

Back