Need '06 LS 3.9 Timing chain cover

I can understand needing to replace the timing cover gaskets (both of mine need that), but what happened to the timing cover itself?

It looks like the accessory mount points on the jag cover are different. Used LS ones on ebay should be safe. It's not a wear item AFAIK.

Yes, 2nd gen only, I believe.

Edit: That's what I believed, but apparently that belief was wrong. Ford shows the same part number for both generations. Sorry...

Last edited:
I wonder if he could send you some pictures of the $50 one?

Isn't this also called the engine front cover ? Part # 6059 ?

It's 2W9Z-6019-AA, Cover - Cylinder Front, aka timing cover.
Interestingly, I was incorrect above. It shows as the same part number for both generations. A quick search didn't pick up 6059.

I paid $45 + $16 to ship 2 day from eBay. what do you see? Gasket still attached ?

MWHL6789.JPEG

OYZH4168.JPEG

XAVI7913.JPEG

Last edited:
Well, Expletive, The mechanic just called and told me bad news. It seem that there are two dowels that insert between the Engine front cover and the block. When he removed the cracked one, the dowels stayed in the block holes. He had a bad experience trying to get similar out on a previous job and just left them in. The new part I just got off of Ebay had the dowels still corroded into the cover. In his attempt to remove them he cracked the cover. !! Now, I have to find another cover (may have one available from another member), but wonder how this problem can be solved if the new part has the dowels corroded onto the cover, as well. Will some kind of soak loosen them, I need some options from someone who may be familiar with a problem like this. Thanks. The AC compressor and power steering pump are out and the harmonic balance and seal ready to go back on, except for this PIA.

Try presoaking with some penetrating fluid for 24hrs.

Ping the dowels with a metal hammer ever so lightly (theory of freeing corrosion bond by means of vibration from impact).

Locking pliers on the dowels. Rock back and forth ever so gently.

Bit of heat as last resort. Mind the rubber gasket.

Last edited:
Try presoaking with some penetrating fluid for 24hrs.

Ping the dowels with a metal hammer ever so lightly (theory of freeing corrosion bond by means of vibration from impact).

Locking pliers on the dowels. Rock back and forth ever so gently.

Bit of heat as last resort. Mind the rubber gasket.

Thanks, RigsLS. The new one is on its way. Im hoping that , in this case, I wont have the dowels to deal with since I did not see them in the pics that were sent. The mech tried the ping and pliers method on the 1st one. The soak and heat didn't dawn on him until after the cracking of the cover, unfortunately. Ill post what happens on #2 try.

Can’t win them all. Sure it’s not his first rodeo nor did it on purpose.

We’ve all been there a few times.

I recall a ruined front wheel drive spindle due to lack of attention error with a torq gun.

HONEY ... bad news, you’re taking one of my cars to work and back next few days. Just busted a vital part on your car. Good news is the hub was a nice fit .... Then she asked if I could not just glue it or something ... Doh!

Members online

No members online now.
Back